Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Naked Snake

fanatic! read this!

I have some cool ideas for EDGE. Well maybe they suck I dont know.

Many enemy attacks=like allow an Imp to attack in many different ways from afar.

Enemy weapon pickup=Bad guys could pick up and use weapons (I think this would add to the challenge of DOOM)

Colored sectors=Colors for sectors like in PSX DOOM.

Bullet holes and bloodspalts=That would be cool as well.

Moveable objects=Be able to push a crate or something.

Drivable objects=like make it so you can press a switch on something and it will follow a set path by the person who made the map.

Random speed=like make an option to randomize the speed of enemies.

Most of these ideas suck.

Hey I was just agreeing with you :)

Colored lighting is in ZDoom, as well as bullet holes. You can make pushable objects, but as far as I know they have to be solid and not have a floor or ceiling. You could do it with a crate, but the crate would have to reach from the floor to the ceiling, and not be one you could jump on top of.

An enemy having multiple attacks is always cool, although I think it would work best on a new enemy, not changing the originals. I think with ZDoom, you can also have an enemy call random scripts for his "attacks", and use those scripts to do some cool things. I know the Hexen boss did this; I don't know if you can make a monster do it, or if it has to be hard-coded to do it. Still, it was done a long time ago.

Random speeds would be an interesting parameter too. There are randomizer programs for about everything except that.

But for EDGE could it be possible to code the ability to move an object that was not to the ceiling and that you could climb on it.

Bullet holes and bloosplats rule.

In EDGE 1.26 I saw SHADOWS! Cool!

That would be cool to be able to use vertically 3D polyobjects in EDGE, such as being able to push around a floating platform and whatnot. Imagine if you could rig a spaceship in EDGE to fly around the level and stuff, maybe even be able to get in it and go to different sections. That would be sweet.

Yeah. Player controlled vehicles like in Shadow Warrior. Or just sectors that can move like in Duke 3d. Like trains that follow a set path and stuff like that.

Depends what's in it. Those Doom crates are tough mofos. Where did they have that poll whether the Doom Crate or Gordon Freeman would win a fight? I think the Doom Crate won the poll.

Heh. Oh and here is another one!

Instant area change-Ok I wish this feature was in EDGE. I was thinking about this. You could like press a switch and an area could change. Like swimmable water turns into acid and turns from a water type sector to a instant pain sector. That would rule for DM maps. You could make an area into a trap. Fun for DM.

Depends what's in it. Those Doom crates are tough mofos. Where did they have that poll whether the Doom Crate or Gordon Freeman would win a fight? I think the Doom Crate won the poll.

Gamespy.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

1.Demons pick up artifact items such as soul sphere's or invincabilty artifacts, that would be neat and/or invisability items.Heh invisable cacodemons.

2.If possible, demons should team up on you like in half-life, making more of a challenge.

3.Demons can jump,strafe, dodge attacks

4.Rockets,barrels, plasma energy can blow up zombies and imps, how about bulldemons and spectres go boom ?
Or revenants and archviles or ka-boom, like splatter as the imps and zombies do.

5.Better artifical intellegence, bull demons slam and tackle you and rip your guts out.

These are just some idea's, but it be neat to see these done somehow.

Heres a good one.

Random health and attack strength for monsters=like when the game started up it would randomize each monsters health and strength. This would be interesting. Like a normal demon could take two to three shotgun blasts but if randomized could take up to six. There would not be randomized health on the Cyberdemon or Spiderdemon except on UV or nightmare.

Heres a good one.

Random health and attack strength for monsters=like when the game started up it would randomize each monsters health and strength. This would be interesting. Like a normal demon could take two to three shotgun blasts but if randomized could take up to six. There would not be randomized health on the Cyberdemon or Spiderdemon except on UV or nightmare.

==========================================================

That would be a more realistic Doom experience, you wont have to have the feeling of knowing how many shots it would take to kill a monster. Like lets say your facing three imps, one goes down with a single shotgun blast, than the next one like takes two or four shots to die and than you wouldn't be prepared, keeping you more alert.
And another idea is zombies should take more damage than one blast from a shotgun, there supposed to be the living dead. Like in one my OWN Doom novels I wrote, for some zombies it takes like alot of ammo to kill, sometimes head shots took em down, but otherwise you would really have to work them.

Another idea for weapons such as the shotgun or a plasma riffle is if you run out of ammo you should be able to use the butt end of the gun and crack some skulls.Or even allow the weapons to have secondary fire.

Secondary Attacks
------------------
Fist:Upper-Cut
Chainsaw:Impale the enemy while the blade is running
Pistol:Quicker Fire
Shotgun:Fire a few shells at the same time like in half-life
Combat Shotgun:Fire one barrel at a time
Chain-Gun:Hyper Fire, ultra speed
Rocket Launcher:Fire a homing rocket
Plasma Riffle:Sniper Mode !
BFG 9000:Fire multiple BFG enema blasts at once
The Lazer(Unmaker):Powerful blasts that fire through walls

I think it should be like this.
Primary-Secondary

Punch-Kick
Chop-Swing
1 shot-3 shot burst
Shoot buckshot-Shoot a more acuarate and powerful slug
Shoot 1 barrel at a time-Shoot off both barrels
Shoot normal-Shoot faster
Shoot rocket propelled grenade-Shoot non-rocket propelled grenade
Shoot staight-Sweep room
Shoot single ball-Shoot out tons of energy balls in a wide and tall sweep kind like the BFG 2704 from the public release beta of Doom.

What the hell?

Fist:Upper-Cut

A kick would be better, you would keep enemies the hell away from you that way.

Chainsaw:Impale the enemy while the blade is running

That basically sounds like the normal fire.

Pistol:Quicker Fire

But with less accuracy, right? Sounds familiar.

Shotgun:Fire a few shells at the same time like in half-life

Thats where it's from then. If the shotty can do this then what the hell is the point of the super shotty?

Combat Shotgun:Fire one barrel at a time

If the super shotty can do this then what the hell is the point of the regular shotty?

Chain-Gun:Hyper Fire, ultra speed

Mmm, cliche. Or what about an attached grenade launcher?

Rocket Launcher:Fire a homing rocket

Revenant payback.

Plasma Riffle:Sniper Mode !

DIE.

BFG 9000:Fire multiple BFG enema blasts at once

Don't think I've ever seen a BFG enema. This is a weapon that simply doesn't need an alt fire, and if it must have one, I prefer BBG's idea... that would rule.

The Lazer(Unmaker):Powerful blasts that fire through walls

Mmmmm.... now a little Perfect Dark flavor while we're at it.

You know, many of those things are already possible via ddf.

What I would like to see is:

1) Improved bot code: in fact, perhaps move much of the bot code over to ddf files, so perhaps we could easily chamge the bot behavior. I'd like to see some nav node classes, where you could make up your own nodes & behaviors for them

2) Optimization. Dynamic lighting looks good, but the performance hit is unacceptable, esp. when compared w/ the other ports.