Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
elbryan42

Doom map naming game... part 2

Here's the deal for those of you that never saw this on the old board. Describe a room in any commercial Doom level (no wads). It can be from Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, PSX Doom, or Doom 64. You then must name the map the room is from. The person who gets the answer right first gets to describe the next room. If this thread gets too big, a new one will be started.

I'll go first. You just drop down into a bloodpool. You run out and down a stairway. There's rooms to your sides, the one on your right a secret with some fuel cells. The room on your left unaccessible, but you can see the windows.

Name that map!

You teleport to a very small brown room; you press the walls - they lower and Imps and PE's attack you from all sides.

i think no one's reading the board right now. this thread has only been up for 30 minutes. anyways, was i right?

this secret room is a toxic pool. there's a backpack in there, a bfg as well on the psx, and on the snes it contains the switch that opens up the secret exit elsewhere in the level.

ok. since no one's asking, here's another one. 3 levels. the 3 levels on episode 1 with stars in the architecture.

There is a whole shitload of weapons in front of you. You enter a teleport and a giant goat's head is on the wall. He says "To win this game, you must kill me, John Romero" backwards.

E1M4?!??!

You enter to rise to see a familiar place. Like you've already been there. Guts fill the floor. It looks familiar until you try to exit. The walls fall to confront a large beast.

You enter to rise to see a familiar place. Like you've already been there. Guts fill the floor. It looks familiar until you try to exit. The walls fall to confront a large beast.

E3M9.

That was probably the most memorable trick in the entire game.

the exit is behind you behind a locked door. you shoot the switch/door in front of you to open the door. even with the door opened, if you shoot thru the door you can still hear the switch.

Hah...you guys will never get this one...

There is a whole shitload of weapons in front of you. You enter a teleport and a giant goat's head is on the wall. He says "To win this game, you must kill me, John Romero" backwards.

You spoiled the answer cause the answer is Icon of Sin!

Hah...you guys will never get this one...

You spoiled the answer cause the answer is Icon of Sin!

No it's not. Lüt already got this one right. Dumbass.

But I don't remember E1M4 having a Goat's head and a shitload of weapons.

Okay. This one will be hard. In the level I'm thinking of There is a room which contains the symbol of some certain famous rock band.

E4M1 Hell Beneath

Both you and Ralphis are Correct! The band name's symbol is NIN, which stands for "Nine Inch Nails"

Okay. This one will be hard. In the level I'm thinking of There is a room which contains the symbol of some certain famous rock band.

E4M1 Hell Beneath

No, that's the map with a symbol of some certain famous industrial band. Guess again.