Sarge
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Doom map naming game... part 2
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:02. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Move too far in any direction and the demon who shows up behind you will make you go boom.

Whaddaya mean move to far in any direction? Am I the only one who does the suicidal dash to the door at the other end, racing against a wave of exploding barrels?

Anyway, I'll ask one cos no-one else has yet.

You enter this room and there is a Backpack in front of you. Ypu have to run forwards and grab the Backpack before the pillar raises it out of reach.

Old Post 08-25-01 02:08 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Dammit, they posted in the time it took me to write my post. :(. Anyway, Lüt, I have no idea.

Old Post 08-25-01 02:11 #
AirRaid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

You start on top of a tall building with rails on the side overlooking a vast semi-industrialized. In the center is a small computer station with a lift at the middle which goes down to 4 various levels, which you complete in ascending order to open the entrance to the exit back on the top of the building you started on top of.
You got me there.
I see you haven't downloaded the Millennium beta yet ;)

Old Post 08-25-01 02:12 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

You enter this room and there is a Backpack in front of you. Ypu have to run forwards and grab the Backpack before the pillar raises it out of reach.
I think this was used in a few places, but the first that comes to mind is Containment Area.

Old Post 08-25-01 02:13 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

There's a btea? Where?

Old Post 08-25-01 02:13 #
Lüt
Administrator

There's a btea? Where?
No, we have a beta and I gave it to Liam probably a week ago - it's Map02.

Old Post 08-25-01 02:14 #
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

I think this was used in a few places, but the first that comes to mind is Containment Area.

Dead on.

Old Post 08-25-01 02:15 #
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

There's a btea? Where?
No, we have a beta and I gave it to Liam probably a week ago - it's Map02.

I haven't had time to test it :( Well todays friday and I have a weekend, so I'll start soon as I get off the forum.

Old Post 08-25-01 02:16 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Here's the deal for those of you that never saw this on the old board. Describe a room in any commercial Doom level (no wads). It can be from Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, PSX Doom, or Doom 64

Sorry Lüt, but Millenium doesn't count. :P

Old Post 08-25-01 02:17 #
Lüt
Administrator

Here's the deal for those of you that never saw this on the old board. Describe a room in any commercial Doom level (no wads). It can be from Doom, Doom 2, Final Doom, PSX Doom, or Doom 64
Sorry Lüt, but Millennium doesn't count. :P
Heh, actually, to 2/3 of the people in this thread it does ;)

Old Post 08-25-01 02:20 #
AirRaid
Graphics Zealot

Sorry Lüt, but Millennium doesn't count. :P
Heh, actually, to 2/3 of the people in this thread it does ;)

Meh.

Old Post 08-25-01 02:21 #
elbryan42
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cacodemon

The whole purpose of this thread is that everyone can play. And more people have played the ACTUAL Doom games instead of every wad in creation. Heck, I barely play wads.

Old Post 08-25-01 02:32 #
elbryan42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
elbryan42
Your Friendly Neighborhood Cacodemon

sorry. i thought there were a lot of people that played them. and chances are better that people have played them better than a certain wad.

Old Post 08-25-01 02:54 #
elbryan42 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lost Soul
I appear at random

I am. :)

Old Post 08-25-01 03:10 #
Lost Soul is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

There are 2 fancy stained glasses, however, one of them has a wrong texture in the bottom ledge.

Old Post 08-25-01 03:11 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

I am. :)
Well, go ahead then.

Old Post 08-25-01 03:11 #
Lost Soul
I appear at random

There are 2 fancy stained glasses, however, one of them has a wrong texture in the bottom ledge.

Is that even Doom? Sounds more like hexen to me.

Old Post 08-25-01 03:15 #
Lost Soul is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

Look at my avatar. DUH

Old Post 08-25-01 03:18 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

You start on top of a tall building with rails on the side overlooking a vast semi-industrialized. In the center is a small computer station with a lift at the middle which goes down to 4 various levels, which you complete in ascending order to open the entrance to the exit back on the top of the building you started on top of.

Millennium map02 - Devoid

...Well, better late than never.

Old Post 08-25-01 03:43 #
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

0wn3d

First question about Hexen and suddenly all the friggin forum looses interest in this thread. Heheheh.

Old Post 08-25-01 04:03 #
Lost Soul
I appear at random

Well I was never a Hexen fan to start. I plyed Hexen 64, and that was ALL I could stand of that thing. Just my own opinion.

Old Post 08-25-01 04:13 #
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

you are at a outside area. nukage is surrounding a looping area. in the middle contains a cyb in net-games.

Is it that one Nukage Plant or whatever from TNT (map 13 or 14 I forget).
i've never played final doom. ever.

Old Post 08-25-01 04:23 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

What, every level in Hexen?

Well I was never a Hexen fan to start. I plyed Hexen 64, and that was ALL I could stand of that thing. Just my own opinion.
While you're still alive (before Zaldron kills you), you ought to know that ANY console version of a PC game is gonna suck majorly. I've only heard of Hexen64 and from what I hear it got slaughtered.

Old Post 08-25-01 04:23 #
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

Hexen is alright.

Old Post 08-25-01 04:25 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lost Soul
I appear at random

While you're still alive (before Zaldron kills you), you ought to know that ANY console version of a PC game is gonna suck majorly. I've only heard of Hexen64 and from what I hear it got slaughtered.

'Slaughtered' is FAR too weak a term for this piece of garbage. (Hexen 64. Never played the origonal, so I can't say anything about it.)

Old Post 08-25-01 04:29 #
CacodemonLeader
Powerslave Fanatic

Goddamnit we're going off topic again! Stay on topic!

Anyways, the level I'm thinking of is not from Hexen, Heretic, or any other Doom Engine Powered game (except the DOOM Series, of course)

This level has a big trick which prevents you from accessing the blue bars with a switch behind them.

Old Post 08-25-01 04:31 #
CacodemonLeader is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lost Soul
I appear at random

the Inmost Dens? No, wait. Those were Red bars...

Old Post 08-25-01 04:36 #
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

Another PC Final Doom map.

Old Post 08-25-01 06:57 #
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DoOmEr4LiFe
DoOm TiL dEaTh

doomer4life - is the answer the hunted from plutonia?

not quite, good guess however, although many people are complaining about console levels...this happens to be one of them

Old Post 08-25-01 07:53 #
DoOmEr4LiFe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

'Slaughtered' is FAR too weak a term for this piece of garbage.

UAURGARGAHHRAHGAGAHGAGGRYRGAGAHAHHAHARHRHHH!!HG!!!RR!!""%(%

Old Post 08-25-01 08:54 #