Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
captmellow

LD50

Great album. I saw Mudvayne's dig video & was amazed at their whole look/sound. I then resolved to obtain their album.

Very tight band. This album has a great deal of depth. The initial listen makes one think it is just noise, but persistence is rewarded once you can distinguish the songs from one another. By that time, you can also pick out a lot of harmonies & melodies that you didn't catch at first. & the intensity is great. The singer's range reminds me of King Diamond's. The bass has the most slapping & popping I've heard since a fusion album I bought some time ago.

I find the music to be very original, though I've heard a lot of dismissive comparisions to Slipknot. I haven't heard enough from SK (only wait & bleed) to make a decision, but their look & sound is similar.

Rap makes me ROTFL. The whole posturing thing makes me howl w/ laughter. "Keep it real."? LOL

I see these gangbanger guys walking across the street, & I'm like, "Okay, you've demonstrated the cool walk. You've given the tough glare. You are painfully cool. I bow to your incredible coolness. Now, will you please finish shuffling across the street to have yet another altercation w/ your friends so I can drive through the intersection & get to work?"

Rather than coolness, what they display is childishness, immaturity, irresponsibility, & foolishness. And they are soon filled w/ the fruit of their ways. And it is pitiful to see people so eager to emulate them.

Ah, that was cathartic.

rap is awful...

anywho, the mudvayne album is pretty good, but you should get slipknot's 'iowa' which is coming out today...

rap is awful...[/qoute]

Well thats you oponion

[qoute]anywho, the mudvayne album is pretty good, but you should get slipknot's 'iowa' which is coming out today...

Since you guys are acting like this stuff kicks ass I think I will go DL some mp3s from these artists.

Fraggle was kind of vague in that thread . . . was he saying he wasn't fond of Slipknot & Mudvayne?

;-)

Actually, I sound a bit like him in my overgeneralized condemnation of rap & gangbangers. 8-O

i just want to say fraggle's officially an idiot...

fraggle an idiot?

ROFLMAO

i think that quote above deserves post of the week. all the stupidity and thoughtless sayings flows very strongly in hatefactor...

Fraggle said, "Mudvayne = slipknot clone, which means that they are about as musical as a hairdryer while having all the originality of a small lump of processed cheese."

Well, they're certainly not for everybody. The extreme nature of their music is bound to put some people off, & turn others on.

maybe if he wouldn't have posted things that were based purely on pre-conceived notions about heavy metal (too much sterotyping in his statements) i would've respected him...his lack of knowledge on the bands, and the subject itself was more than annoying...if he doesn't like them that's fine, as long as he doesn't make judgements, and state "facts" that have no truth in them whatsoever...*sigh*

maybe if he wouldn't have posted things that were based purely on pre-conceived notions about heavy metal (too much sterotyping in his statements) i would've respected him...

What, you couldn't tell "sounds like a hairdryer" is an overexaggeration?

nope, i'm talking about things he said like that the band's success was based on image, that the band was actually put together by the label, or that they supposeddly didn't work hard for their success, etc...if he doesn't know anything about the band and what makes it be, he should keep his mouth shut...

True. The fact that their debut album was made independently speaks volumes to their hard work.

You could read anything he was saying, & could tell that he was making snap judgements as an outsider to the genre, & to be honest, was coming across like an old man (sorry Fraggle).

or that they supposeddly didn't work hard for their success

If they had to work hard to turn out that crap, then I gotta agree, they're idiots and at least somewhat musically incapacitated. I can't imagine anybody working hard on turning that kinda music out unless they have no idea what they're doing in the studio or no previous musical/songwriting experience. "Work hard" is totally relative to the people using that phrase.

oppinions, oppinions, oppinions,

since you're obviously you're unable to appreciate their talent, what's the point of wasting time on making posts, like the one just made, about a band you hate? it's sad, really...go on, get a life...

nope, i'm talking about things he said like that the band's success was based on image, that the band was actually put together by the label, or that they supposeddly didn't work hard for their success, etc...if he doesn't know anything about the band and what makes it be, he should keep his mouth shut...

No wait, I said that...

oppinions, oppinions, oppinions

I really hope that wasn't directed at my post.

since you're obviously you're unable to appreciate their talent

What talent is there to appreciate? Sure they got an act together, OK, there's some talent there alright. But it's not outstanding. I can appreciate the effort, but with such better music around, I'll never find myself listening to that stuff. I am selective; if I were to listening to everything from somebody with just the slightest amount of talent, I'd never have to a single song over again in my entire lifetime. I guess some people would enjoy that, but I'm picky and I prefer only the best. I've never had a problem acquiring it either, so I don't know why you think I'd go for the less effective stuff when I have the more effective stuff right here.

what's the point of wasting time on making posts, like the one just made, about a band you hate? it's sad, really...go on, get a life...

OTAY BUCKWHEAT!

Dear God, I wasted 20 seconds of my life typing a post, whatever will I do? I know, I'll sue Ling for 20 seconds of his life. That'll teach the bastard for setting up these forums.

I see these gangbanger guys walking across the street, & I'm like, "Okay, you've demonstrated the cool walk. You've given the tough glare. You are painfully cool. I bow to your incredible coolness. Now, will you please finish shuffling across the street to have yet another altercation w/ your friends so I can drive through the intersection & get to work?"

Rather than coolness, what they display is childishness, immaturity, irresponsibility, & foolishness. And they are soon filled w/ the fruit of their ways. And it is pitiful to see people so eager to emulate them.

Seems like I found my soulmate =) I really hate rap. Like deadnail said about a year ago. Rap is not music, it's just rhythm (<--- Ok.. He said something like this). Their music is about nothing. HipHop has a huge following of 15 year old wannabees. There's this town close to where I live (East of Holland). There are a couple of young black kids wearing caps saying "Westside". Jeeeeesh, seems like they forgot they live in Holland (I'd say in 60% of our country you hear Mooooooooh..constantly =)) Oh and BTW... F#ck Usher.

Yeah, whatever

Wait, I just wanted to say one thing though..

i just want to say fraggle's officially an idiot...lament, you're not as bad, but close...

JUMP UP MY BUTT

On Mudvayne...

Heh, just a coupla weeks ago I was into them, then I dumped them. I don't know what people see in that gravely voice the singer has, and all their potential good songs are ruined by the HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE guitar riffs.

And BTW, I just noticed you talking about how they didn't get popular 'cause of image. I didn't used to want to admit it, but THEY DID. If they were a bunch of normal guys singing and playing like that everybody would hate him.