Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

PrBoom crashing...

I've been using glboom.exe for all my boom needs, but it doesn’t run Grove.wad well at all. so I tried prboom, and when I tried to start the game the following message appeared:

Z_ChangeTag: freed a pointer without ZONEID

Thinking that it might just be Grove.wad, I tried it without any wads, and got the same message.

What is the story?

Set your resolution to 640x480 (put "-width 640 -height 480" in your command line). Prboom.exe seems much more stable then. I don't know why, but other people have found this too.

I'm surprised to hear you had problems with glboom.exe and grove.wad. That seemed to me to be one wad where glboom.exe really came into its own (apart from two small gl holes, anyway). It's highly system-dependent, I suppose.

BTW, I fear that prboom.exe will have other problems with Grove.wad, but the above should be a solution for most other wads.

no. that didn't fix it :(

Grazza said:
I'm surprised to hear you had problems with glboom.exe and grove.wad. That seemed to me to be one wad where glboom.exe really came into its own (apart from two small gl holes, anyway). It's highly system-dependent, I suppose.

you're probably right.