Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

Another Dumb SLIGE question

I was reading this site:
http://wondersmith.com/rants/slige.htm

and it said that you can create batch files to sort of "guide" the slige program into making what you want. Since I like SLIGE, I was hoping someone out there can help me out. I tried to do "slige -doom2 > results.txt" to help myself out, but I ended up looking at a blockmapless PWAD.

If you read the documentation:

slige
bsp slige.out slige.wad
doom -file slige.wad

or, for DOOM II:

slige -doom2
bsp slige.out slige.wad
doom2 -file slige.wad

You need to run it through a nodes builder before you play it. Slige does the rest.
good luck.
edit: I suck at typing.

meh... I know that... a Batch file that searches for certain things in the Slige output file is what I'm rally looking for. I know there's a way to make SLIGE dump what it writes on the screen while the maps are created... but what's the command line?

Well, you've written that command line yourself. It's >. Try this: dir > dir.txt and then open dir.txt file to see the results. Of course, this is considering you're on win98, I know virtually nothing about XP and don't even bother with OS that can't run doom well :P

EDIT: if you want to dump the whole text generated during the batch process, try blabla.bat > results.txt. However, I'm not 100% sure if that works.