Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kungfujesus

did anyone play with me on doomconnecter?

ive been playing most of the day and i was just seing if anyone from this board played with me i go by the same name i use on here "kungfujesus" been playing in the dwango 5 map alot this is my second day to ever play doom online :)

kungfujesus said:

ive been playing most of the day and i was just seing if anyone from this board played with me i go by the same name i use on here "kungfujesus" been playing in the dwango 5 map alot this is my second day to ever play doom online :)

Go easy on the Dwango5 maps.... There are many excellent DM maps that don't get played because everyone seems to have some irrational infatuation with dwango5. So make an effort to check out other DM wads! and check my thread titled "Question for new doomers"

actuslly dwango 5 was the only one i could ever join :( the other ones would always have a full limit so i could never play anything else..

kungfujesus said:

lol i actually am a mod at a forum but under a different name

The plot thickens.

fodders said:

Nothing wrong with Dwango wads :P

I agree. But when you look at the number of dwango5 wads that are on servers and being played in DC, it just doesn't seem right. It's way too high.

No, there's nothing wrong with them... not really. I don't particularly like them, but... as stated, the problem is more that it's overused.

People play what they like or feel comfortable with, there are many other servers to play other wads on. Servers host wads that they see people want to join, what point hosting a server with what you consider is one of the better wads only to see it empty 20 hrs a day?

fodders said:

People play what they like or feel comfortable with, there are many other servers to play other wads on. Servers host wads that they see people want to join, what point hosting a server with what you consider is one of the better wads only to see it empty 20 hrs a day?

I geuss I'm fascinated by it, Fodders. Perhaps it's that people like oldskool styled maps. there is a certiain appeal to Dwango5 map01. And maybe I would play on it mostly if I wasn't making and playing my own maps. :P See, what I really want is for people to gobble up my wads and forever renounce D5M1 as inferior, obsolete, and so passè! ☺ Yet, no one has been able to do this. Its curious appeal never fades among the changing world of Doom DM.