Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JacKThERiPPeR

BFG Lamers

I use SSG for pretty much 99% of my game...
it takes alot of skill to use, and 99% of players dont know how to use it to it's full potential heh...

Yeah, I use the SSG whenever it's available, regardless of what other weapons are laying around (with the occasional exceptions, of course). I find it to be the best offense against bfg spammers.

I almost never use the bfg, no matter how available it is (again, with occasional exceptions). I find that I often get killed when I try to use it. I guess Im just not that skilled with it. But moreover I simply dont get any satisfaction out of fragging people with it. Wasting someone with the ssg by being quick enough to fire when you both round a corner is exhilerating and satisfying. BFG kills feel cheap.

I do use the SSG considerably, but certainly not too much. I tend to use the Rocket Launcher whenever it becomes useful, the BFG pretty much, and also the Plasma Rifle and the Chaingun in places where they offer offensive protection. Even the Shotgun is good for sniping and quick medium-range attacks. By all means DOOM II's Map01 is an excellent place to use all these in variety; though naturally other maps also have their weapon usage particularities. On some maps, with more open space and connectivity, weapon variation isn't that effective and you tend to rely more on the SSG, and maybe the BFG. During FFA the BFG and the Rocket Launcher gain more effect, and the SSG and Plasma Rifle retain their power... the lighter weapons become somewhat less useful in the chaos, overall.

BFG kills feel godlike!

myk said:

I do use the SSG considerably, but certainly not too much. I tend to use the Rocket Launcher whenever it becomes useful, the BFG pretty much, and also the Plasma Rifle and the Chaingun in places where they offer offensive protection. Even the Shotgun is good for sniping and quick medium-range attacks. By all means DOOM II's Map01 is an excellent place to use all these in variety; though naturally other maps also have their weapon usage particularities. On some maps, with more open space and connectivity, weapon variation isn't that effective and you tend to rely more on the SSG, and maybe the BFG. During FFA the BFG and the Rocket Launcher gain more effect, and the SSG and Plasma Rifle retain their power... the lighter weapons become somewhat less useful in the chaos, overall.

BFG kills feel godlike!

The point -- DOOM II has AWESOME weapon balance. Every weapon has its place, and every weapon should be used fairly regularly, as those situations present themselves.

There are only a few games out there that play this well. :)