doomaddict

B.O.T.S.

er, i think zdoom comes with bots.

bind a key to add them, from the console type:

bind b addbot

Use3D said:

er, i think zdoom comes with bots.

IIRC the newest version(s) of zdoom don't have bots

Ah, well if you download zdoom 1.22 then upgrade it to .63 the bots will be there...i think. unless i'm a crackhead. all I know is my .63 has bots.

Use3D said:

Ah, well if you download zdoom 1.22 then upgrade it to .63 the bots will be there...i think.

Yes they will. I did that a few times but the bots are just to stupid. Randy seriously needs to add some new bots those old ones are way to stupid.

you can run bots in the current version of zdoom,yuo just download zcajun and stick it in the zdoom folder.I think randy took out the internal bots to allow people to make custom bots (not sure tho).Legacy has nice internal bots with skill levels.My favorite is cheating-ass zdoombot.He really owns me, especially in instaggib.Unfortunately zdoombot is a zdoom 1.23 mod so slopes and stuff don't work,on the goodside it has ctf mode and rocket arena and a few others.All can be obtained zt the doomworld bots and mods section.

The bots in Zdoom make me laugh so hard sometimes. How they run around in circles like flies and keep running into walls. :P

My score isn't complaining though. :D

Oh, and, why is "bots" in the title does as if it's an acronym?

I want better bots that can control themselves. Perhaps ask you in cooperative if a switch should be pressed, and they do not follow you all of the time (or another bot).

Bots for coop,I would recomend the eternity engine.It has those mbf helper dogs.Their kinda annoying tho,I usually end up killing them when they bark to much.

doomaddict said:

I want better bots that can control themselves. Perhaps ask you in cooperative if a switch should be pressed, and they do not follow you all of the time (or another bot).

They're coming.