Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
PuPz

Dwango 9

Overclock? I feel stupid just asking...

Don't worry, I'm as confused as you are.

A reply to a post I deleted. I never heard of "overclock." Enlighten us a little.

A reply to a post I deleted. I never heard of "overclock." Enlighten us a little.

It's where you set your processor to process faster than it should be. I forget the correct terminology at the moment, but most BIOS setups have an option where you can set a core value and a multiplier. Core value is a certain number, multiplier does just that - multiplies the core value to set the processor speed. You can change the multipliers around to make the processor process faster, like setting a 500MHz processor to run at 750MHz. The catch is that they often fry unless you've got a good cooling setup (since they weren't made to go that fast). It wears down the processor faster and can be risky if you don't know what you're doing.

It's where you set your processor to process faster than it should be. I forget the correct terminology at the moment, but most BIOS setups have an option where you can set a core value and a multiplier. Core value is a certain number, multiplier does just that - multiplies the core value to set the processor speed. You can change the multipliers around to make the processor process faster, like setting a 500MHz processor to run at 750MHz. The catch is that they often fry unless you've got a good cooling setup (since they weren't made to go that fast). It wears down the processor faster and can be risky if you don't know what you're doing.

Does this deserve a #5000? O_O