Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ArchAngel

Map38

Hi, I'm new to the forums...moving on I was wondering what's this map38 for the Doom 64 TC? I wanted to get here to enable cheats.

Hi and welcome to the forums.
The map You're talking about is Hectic-the toughest map in the whole TC (presumably) You can either warp to map 32-Cat & Mouse and defeat the cyberdemon. The exit will open and will take You to map 38. Or You can take the rightful way-no cheating. Start the game. Once in Stagging Area noticed the room with the berserk pack just behind the starting point? memorize it. Noticed the barrel nearby. Remember it. Go beat the level and don't exit it. Once You clean it out of enemies destroy every single barrel in the level except for the first one near the starting point. Now locate the secret with the teleport that will take You back to the starting point (wall-opposite the blue key door) now destroy the last barrel and rush quickly to the room where the berserk pack was once. As secret door will be opened there-jump into the teleporter before the door closes and You'll be teleported to Cat & Mouse-then defeat the Cybie, exit the level and it's Hectic time.
Just to clarify things out-beating Hectiv enables jumping, normal cheats are enabled from the beginning of the game :P

Really? I noticed the jumping because I did go through Hectic. Also what are the cheats then? Are they different on this TC Doom 64? I tried using the Doom 64 cheats in the PC, but not go.

You beat Hectic? Good job.
Original Doom 64 had cheats? That's a new one. The TC uses the exact cheats the PC versions of Doom do-meaning typing IDDQD in the game makes You invincible, IDFA arms You with gunz and bullets!. There's only 1 cheat that differs-the noclip cheat. In Doom 2 You need to type IDCLIP, in Doom64TC You need to type DDISUCK.

Do you mean the cheats you asked about in your previous thread? If so, then all I could tell you is that the cheats don't work (or are a little different) in the console. Assuming of course you have ZDOOM and were in fact using the codes in the console :)

Doom64TC is for Jdoom, not zdoom :> Read the whole thread next time.
Arch, don't type cheats in the console but while playing the game. Don't pause, just stop there and type the cheat. I hope that's what You asked.

Finally got it to work. Thanks again Nmn. I see how it works...its strikingly similar to the Need for Speed Underground cheat for the PC.