Weird impy thing
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Phat or Whack series:Phobos Anomoly Reborn

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:26. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Naked Snake
HAHA I AM A FAG AND I CAN'T CHANGE THIS TITLE ANYMORE

I love PAR!The attention to detail,the placement of monsters,the use of textures and even the placement of bodies was cool!My rating (from 1 through 10)=11!

Old Post 06-18-01 07:54 #
Naked Snake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
spank
I'm afraid of Americans

It's fat, yes.

Old Post 06-18-01 10:50 #
spank is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Espi
Möh.

A bit too fat, there's about 8 megs of wasted space in the damn file! He should have run a cleanup on it before zippin' it up.

Old Post 06-18-01 13:15 #
Espi is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

A bit too fat, there's about 8 megs of wasted space in the damn file! He should have run a cleanup on it before zippin' it up.

No kidding.

That's just unexcusable.

And E1M4 crashing everything *except* MBF is also unexcusable.

Here goes the rating:

Appearance: 17.5/15 - The maximum I'll ever give. DAMN that looks nice. Extreme realism. Remember Fiffy/King REoL and "Extreme Detail"? This is it for real.

Difficulty: 9.5/10 - Very well done. Some annoying things (jumps that are almost impossible to make), but otherwise good.

Playability: 10/10 - Not bad. Not bad at all. Very interesting as well.

Additions: 4/5 - The DeHackEd patch is nice - however, why not make it a BEX patch, and throw in new par times?

Other: 5/10 - Failure to clean the WAD: -5 (with this much space not cleaned out it's ridiculous).

Overall score: 46/50 (92%).

Old Post 06-18-01 16:24 #
Katgut is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom-Child
Wears the man-pants in this family

I don't know. I've never liked the look of ZDoom 3d effects (floors/ceilings), even if they're tastefully done. On the topic of playability though, I must say that this WAD is OUTSTANDING.

DC

Old Post 06-18-01 16:27 #
Doom-Child is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Arioch
not arioch

I don't know. I've never liked the look of ZDoom 3d effects (floors/ceilings), even if they're tastefully done. On the topic of playability though, I must say that this WAD is OUTSTANDING.

DC
Erm, ZDoom 3d effects?

Old Post 06-18-01 16:35 #
Arioch is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom-Child
Wears the man-pants in this family

Sorry, I guess that was a little confusing. By 3d effects, I mean things like gratings that pass over your head, bridges with gaps (I'm not a mapper, I think that stuff is done with linedefs), but mostly I classify the viewing style as a 3d effect. I don't like the Euler-angle-y-shearing view in ZDoom.

DC

Old Post 06-18-01 17:12 #
Doom-Child is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
RTC_Marine

bah, another senseless post :P

Old Post 06-18-01 22:52 #
RTC_Marine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote