Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Question about ZDoomBot

Has anyone else tried it? I think the bots' difficulty is set way too high. Is there a way you can set the bot difficulty?

That wasn't his question. And all the bots out at the current time are TOO easy if you ask me. I don't think the skill settings work on it though.

I don't know if ZDoom uses the very latest Cajun source, but Yoghurt's last version of Cajun was the best. It fought very well, went after powerups aggressively right after the powerup respawned, & did none of the weird drifting around of the previous versions.

AFAIK ZDoom's bots are based on a previous ver of Cajun, & they are quite gentle. Even with their settings maxed, they pose little threat.

Also, one big problem w/ the Cajun was the massive slowdown whenever a bot has the RL. I don't know if it was a "shot leading" prediction algorithm that kicked in or what.

By far one of the best bots is the last (ZDoom-based) Doombot by Fly. It played fast, used nodes that allowed you to make it trigger doors & switches, slow down, go through teleports, etc. It avoided lava, played CTF, etc.

Carnevil did a fine job w/ the ST bots, but I don't know if they ever played CTF. Does anyone know?

Whoops, forgot about your question. Look in a subir called /zcajun for bots.cfg. Most of the parameters are straightforward except for "isp", which stands for instinct of self preservation.

Is that also how you create other bots of your own? I have been kinda wondering that after I was reading a text file about bots in it.