Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Music

On Topic: The songs that popped into my head on 9-11 were Aerials and Chop Suey by System of a Down. Hmmm...come to think of it their song War also, and others...

On the topic of NIN: How dare you dis them so badly. Trent is a genious, at least in this day in age. What other band/artist? is so diverse (from the super-heavy sounds of Broken to the serene Great Below from the Fragile)? And if you think that NIN is pussy-music like some people say, then I say 'who cares?'. Constant thrash metal and angry music is not good for my serenity. :p

Sorry about the rant, but after listening to the Fragile many times, I can't help but defend them.

For me, I don't listen to anything right now. Nothing fits my mood.

As for keeping my sanity, I write down all of my troubling thoughts on paper or Notepad or something and all is well for me.

On the topic of NIN: How dare you dis them so badly. Trent is a genious.

I can't come up with enough deadnail-esque places to put Christ in response to this.

JUST FUCKING LEARN ABOUT PRODUCTION AND MUSIC IN GENERAL.

One of these days I'm gonna write an essay and end this shit once and for all. Just look at the Downward Spiral, it has "I'M A WHINY 8-YEAR-OLD WITH A TEMPER" written all over it; take the time to look into it and see for yourself. The Fragile? Shit, ever heard of fine-tuning? He got a somewhat better recording but I wouldn't believe him if he said he wasn't just trying to see how much shit he could cram down his fans throats before they finally gave up on him. How many loops did he use in We're In This Together, 5 maybe? How about any other song, the same thing? There is no professional record in existance that is more simplistic or watered-down than The Fragile. You gotta wonder if he even tried. God, if Fragile wasn't "I'LL JUST PLAY THIS LOOP WITHOUT ANY VARIATIONS FOR THE WHOLE SONG" for the duration of the album, IT COULD HAVE BEEN SOMETHING! Same with Downward Spiral, if he would stop being suck a bullheaded fuckwit and admit he has NO FUCKING CLUE what he's doing in a studio, it coulda been something as well. Pretty Hate Machine was good technically, but variety is always good to have on an album too.

Well whatever, I'm done, I shouldn't even have gotten carried away in the first place but I'm SO SICK of that idiot being called a genius I wanna break stuff every time I hear it, preferably the people calling him one.

And before you totally bash me, I have 18 of his official releases as well as 10 bootlegs and 11 of his remixes for other bands and some other misc crap, so don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about. I know him and almost everything he's done inside-out.

I'm into indie stuff at the moment. Feeder, Wheatus, Stereophonics, Ash, Muse, Coldplay, etc.

BTW, doesn't most industrial music feature quite a bit of looping? I've listened to Marilyn Manson, KMFDM/MDFMK, Skinny Puppy and Aphew Twin, and they're all guilty of it to some degree.

Well, I must agree with Lut (sorry, don't know how to do the 2 dots on it or whatever) in one sense. Each album of NIN's just got worse and worse after Broken. I didn't find any looping in Pretty Hate Machine except for at the end of the songs, which mostly consisted of music.

Still, not a day goes by without me listening to Pretty Hate Machine at least one time all the way through! Damn, I still can't believe I was five years old when that album came out!

Disturbed? NO NOW GO AWAY
Skrape? NO NOW GO AWAY
Limp Bizket? NO NOW GO AWAY DOG
G Lethal 9? NO NOW GO AWAY MY NIGGA
Slipknot? NO NOW GO AWAY YOU WORTHLESS SCUMFUCK
Staind? WAAAAAAAA SHE LEFT ME I CAN'T GET OVER IT
Linkin Park? WHY DOES EVERYONE IGNORE US

right now for me, it's: fear factory, slayer, slipknot, pantera, opeth, nin, in flames, testament, morbid angel...

my .02 on nin: they used to be my favorite band...i still like them a lot though...and i really did enjoy 'the fragile' actually, i don't know why people diss it so much...but everybody's got their own oppinion on things, so it's fine as long as i know i like it...i'm not sure if i'd call trent a genius, but he's definetely one of the most talented musician's out there...

fanatic & maonth: \m/

lament: you like the doors? i applaud you...

deadnail: yeah, digimortal was less than average...it's sad, because after making albums like demanu and obsolete, FF has turned so bad...they should've stayed true to themselves, rather than trying to get more recognition by recording watered-down songs on the new album...ehh...

Disturbed? NO NOW GO AWAY
Skrape? NO NOW GO AWAY
Limp Bizket? NO NOW GO AWAY DOG
G Lethal 9? NO NOW GO AWAY MY NIGGA
Slipknot? NO NOW GO AWAY YOU WORTHLESS SCUMFUCK
Staind? WAAAAAAAA SHE LEFT ME I CAN'T GET OVER IT
Linkin Park? WHY DOES EVERYONE IGNORE US

Is there anything you do like?

I like the Doors. I like the Moody Blues. I like Apoptygma Berzerk. I like Fear Factory. I like Static-X. I like Spineshank.

I love just about everything by Devin Townsend, especially Ocean Machine and Terria.

I love Pink Floyd.

I love Visual Audio Sensory Theater.

I hate a lot of this shit poor excuse for metal that's out nowadays. I really know I should hate Static-X but for some reason I dig them. I'm still pissed about Spineshank disbanding though.

At the end of the day, production isn't what's important. What's important is whether you like the song or not.

whats up with people not listeign to heavy metal? seriously, there is no other music more suited to a time like this, no other music has te same variety in terms of genre. nothing else matches up..and there are plenty of songs for a time like this right now im mad, so ive been listening to alot of megadeth and metallica. since the songs are about war it fits...and no matter how much a person who even hates metal will say, theyre all anti-war songs, obviously. and then theres ballads or depressing sons as well, and no other genre has any songs like that better than metal since metal is pure emotion. thats what the term heavy means, emotional. id consider changes by black sabbath, which is all piano and orchestration, just as heavy as iron man. ...thats all i ahve to say for now

IMO, you guys are all wrong. Just take a few minutes and DL the following songs:

DJ Shadow; "Midnight In A Perfect World"

Sage Francis; "Majority Rule"

Buck 65; "Pants On Fire"

...these are my fav songs, and as for anyone who likes that limp-bizkitesque screaming shit, think about the lyrics; do they mean anything at all? Are they not complete bullshit? Even though "Midnight" has no lyrics, it's a lot more intelligent than "Break Stuff" and way deeper.

If you're fed up with bullshit, pointless money-driven shit, listen to these and tell me what you think.

The frightening thing is I actually like Linkin Park too. I can just tell they put a lot of work into their sound and they do a good job with it, whereas bands like Limp Bizkit and Korn just sound like slapped together horseshit to me.

I dunno about Spineshank... I'm considering them as 'Groove Metal'. Its trite and unoriginal, I know, but nonetheless the CD is really good to work to.

Atomic Bitchwax is SO MUCH BETTER than QOTSA, I can't understand the latter's success.

Fuck techno.

Fuck Megadeth, HARD.

If you want to hear something good try Children of Paradise by Justin Hayward... that's a song that'll definitely get you emotional right about now.

There are even some spots of the new Stabbing Westward I dig... but they seemed to have replaced their near-industrial edge with a Goo Goo Dolls type sound... and that is literally unforgiveable. At least I'll always have Ungod.

. Just look at the Downward Spiral, it has "I'M A WHINY 8-YEAR-OLD WITH A TEMPER" written all over it

Actually, I think there's a little more to it. It's actually "I'M A WHINY 8-YEAR-OLD WITH A TEMPER AND I WANNA GET LAID!!"
I mean, look at it! Closer. There's a decleration of intention. And by the time you reach the point of 'Man with a Big gun' theres what could be getting laid/jerking off.
and right after that, we have 'A Warm place'. The sound of that. Sounds like there was a good 'finish' in there somewhere, regardless of what was happening.

i am a big man yes i am and i got a big gun
got me a big ol dick and i like to have fun
held against your forehead, think i'll make you suck it
maybe i'll put a hole in your head, you know, just for the fuck of it

i can reduce you if i want i have the power

something about every inch a man and i'll show you somehow

me and my fucking gun
nothing can stop me now
shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot
i am gonna cum all over you

Fuck, I can't believe I remember that. I feel dirty.

Geez, I never thought my simple joke about Trent Reznor being God would result in this! Quite a flooding of the forum you guys have made. Kudos to you all.

deadnail: linkin park? what people don't realize is that the band had to hire someone else to record most guitar parts on their record, since their lead guitairst couldn't cut it...true story...also there have been a few reports of them actually playing some guitar tracks from tape while playing live...but i still do like "crawling", though...

i think korn is a lot more talented than them, and deserves a lot more credit, since with their s/t album they basically started a whole new sound and genre...look at how many bands have tried to copy it...they still do...

Re: Korn

It's all "Hate!," "Die!" and expletives, but no real pain, suffering, or political beliefs behind it. I guess kids just like hearing it screamed over sludgy down-tuned, power-chord guitar riffs and hip-hop drumbeats. Maybe it's because I'm (slightly) older and out of touch and I just don't get it.

Nah.

Korn just sucks :P

yeah, and look how much that Korn-emulating pisses off most metalheads. if you're gonna do metal, do your own fucking thing, don't rip off the style another group. Christ almighty, most metal musicians today can't match what the veterans were able to do in the 70's. They aren't, and can't pioneer fuck-all, and they're about as original as a piece of blank paper. ESPECIALLY all that rap-metal shit, and sounds like birdshit goin' through a fan at five fucking miles an hour. It's almost as bad as the 80's, for christ's sake! In the 80's, almost everything sounded like Judas Priest, except the remaining 70's groups (which there were lots of), and if you don't believe that, think back to Iron Maiden. And then along came Metallica, who would then fall apart after "the black album". Thankfully, groups like Dream Theatre are around, as well as (I hate to say this, because, although I like 'em, they're also about as original as a cow turd) Rammstein, because it doesn't sound like that rap metal SHYTE that isn't even metal, anyways. It's just pure swill. You have been bothered by the opinion of Me.