Archvile
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > u seem to forget

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:36. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Sephiroth
O o
/¯_________________________
| IMMA FIRIN' MAH LAZOR!!!
\_¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

many of u seem to forget that this is DOOMWORLDS!!!, fourm and not yours. many of u have been pissed because post have been edited, moved to post hell or deleted. I do think we should be allowed to say what we want with out censoreing but remeber this is a public place and it is the webmaster's choice as well. you dont just go around yelling fuck and shit, and spaming people in real life, thats just common sense. i agree that this is a message board and we should have free speech, but lets keep it doom related and not be dissing our fellow doomers, and act like adults. I do not like seeing these fourms spamed like this and it has goten worse. however it is better than quake fourms and half-life fourms too. I also do not like seeing the kind of stuff we saw a few months ago, i am talking about the "FUck mordeth" post. lets keep these fourms nice and friendly and not use fuck every other word.

Old Post 06-19-01 02:49 #
Sephiroth is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Fanatic
Old Post 06-19-01 04:00
This person is on your Ignore List. To view this post click [here]
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

I fuck agree fuck with fuck you fuck!
I fuck think fuck that fuck we fuck should fuck get fuck along fuck...
Can fuck we fuck all fuck get fuck along fuck?

Old Post 06-19-01 04:51 #
Dark Fox is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Disorder
Boards of Canada

lets keep these fourms nice and friendly and not use fuck every other word.

Have you seen the light fuckdammit?

Old Post 06-19-01 06:07 #
Disorder is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
maga
look deep into my eye

I fuck agree fuck with fuck you fuck!
I fuck think fuck that fuck we fuck should fuck get fuck along fuck...
Can fuck we fuck all fuck get fuck along fuck?

Yeah shit, it's shit a shit small shit world shit after shit all shit.

Old Post 06-19-01 06:11 #
maga is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

HAHAHA!
They should rename the forums:
The Somthing Doomed Forums

for anyone who is a brickhead, somthingawful..

Old Post 06-19-01 07:36 #
Dark Fox is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

somthing doomed
Screw that, we ought to move these over to newdoom.

I can't believe, I've had like nothing to say the last week. There's been maybe 3 on-topic posts since the day the forums opened.

Old Post 06-19-01 07:50 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Linguica

So what do I do? People complain that there aren't enough good posts, but then when we delete / lock / move posts, they complain that we're being fascist. There's no way to have good forums without good people visiting them; do we have that?

Old Post 06-19-01 08:17 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
RTC_Marine

jah.

Old Post 06-19-01 08:48 #
RTC_Marine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fodders
OWNS YOU

People complain that there aren't enough good posts

I think the balance is about right, apart from the odd spasm, it needs to be remembered that a LOT of people just read a post, digest it and move on to the next one, not everyone needs to comment, I do, 'coz I have an opinion on everything :)
It's only when the controversial post arrives that people feel the need to get involved,and the forums take on an added spurt of life, the inability to directly reply under a certain comment has probably detered some from bothering...but you can't have everything I s'pose, apart from a CLANS Forum :)

Old Post 06-19-01 11:25 #
fodders is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Unless this place gets as bad as Newdoom, where your not even allowed to mention certain topics (ones that the staff "don't like"), I'll be happy.

Old Post 06-19-01 11:50 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

So what do I do? People complain that there aren't enough good posts, but then when we delete / lock / move posts, they complain that we're being fascist. There's no way to have good forums without good people visiting them; do we have that?
Well, as long as you started ripping off SA, you might as well finish by adding a GBS and flamepit forum; General Doom forum, and then a Rants forum. I guess that's more like NewDoom, but it would separate the "bad/off-topic" posts from the Doom-related posts, even if it did slow the current General Forum down to the speed of the Editing Forum. I think different people would appreciate both.

Old Post 06-19-01 20:32 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Linguica

Well, as long as you started ripping off SA, you might as well finish by adding a GBS and flamepit forum; General Doom forum, and then a Rants forum. I guess that's more like NewDoom, but it would separate the "bad/off-topic" posts from the Doom-related posts, even if it did slow the current General Forum down to the speed of the Editing Forum. I think different people would appreciate both.

No.

Old Post 06-19-01 20:37 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Liam
the Bard formerly known as the Bard

/me buys ling a beer

Old Post 06-19-01 20:44 #
Liam is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote