Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bashe

Ways to deal with scrambled midis

Is there anyways to deal with midis like these? I want map23's song from HR2 but when I exctract it, it comes out scrambled up. Is there a way to deal with this?

I assume that's what he's already doing; the problem is that mus2midi scrambles certain songs.

I think it probably has to do with midis written in a particular program, since nearly all of Mark Klem's music gets screwed up when converting it.

DeePSea may solve the problem, since it contains what is probably the only alternative to mus2midi.

EDIT: nope, DeePSea screws them up too. Oh well :(.

Perhaps you could e-mail the song author and ask if he could send you the midi? HR2 MAP23 sounds very much like a Paul Corfiatis creation.

Unfortunately, even that seems to mess them up.

The only program which seems to play all mus' correctly is WinTex, so short of getting the original .mid from the person who made it, that may be the only choice.

Use XWE. Locate the music in the wadfile.
Save it as MUS, NOT MID.
Voila.

Yeah, but then how will I play it? I want it just to listen to, not for a wad...but, that would work if I wanted for a wad.

Don't suggest MUSPLAY, I'm Windows 2000, and Windows 2000 = DOS death.

If you plan on burning the songs to a cd or something, just get Audacity. It's a nifty little program that lets you record from any output. Of course, you'll have to press record, and then play the song, and clip the places of the mp3/wav/ogg that have no sound...