Cacodemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > mapinfo (updated)

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 23:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

I'm in the process of setting up the mapinfo .lmp file which I originally intended to change the map name on the automap. Of course, since the time I create a mapinfo lump in the wad, I have to give each map it's original settings manually. The sky, music, special triggers, etc.

As of right now, the map name is changed on the automap and there are no annoying storyline breaks after maps 07, 11, before entering a secret level, etc. These changes will be added the next time I update the zip if all goes well.

Old Post 10-08-01 23:23 #
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

Update: After I finished the mapinfo stuff with the 19 maps, everything worked fine until I checked it again later on. Opening it with either Doom2 or ZDoom, the wad wouldn't load. I attempted to open it up with Wintex and I got an endless bad parameter error that forced me to reboot the system.

My modifications went down the drain along with the wad, but the good news is that I created a backup of the original wad before I started.

Old Post 10-09-01 06:08 #
Zeratul 982 is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

Nice post count.

KILL THE NORMANS

Old Post 10-09-01 06:11 #
Katgut is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deadnail
i define my reality through misery

You should increment every single save you make. foo-001.wad, foo-002.wad... and keep doing it. That way when something goes haywire you'll have a helluva record to track down what went wrong, why, and learn what irritates those programs in the future. =)

Old Post 10-09-01 06:13 #
deadnail is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

You should increment every single save you make. foo-001.wad, foo-002.wad... and keep doing it. That way when something goes haywire you'll have a helluva record to track down what went wrong, why, and learn what irritates those programs in the future. =)
Everything irritates Wintex.

Old Post 10-09-01 06:15 #
Katgut is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zeratul 982
Forum Regular

Well I think I did something similar to that. I made seperate lmp files containing the info for a specific map(map1.lmp, map2.lmp...), put them all in the wad one at a time, but then it would begin to look ugly in the entry box:

MAPINFO
MAPINFO
MAPINFO
MAPINFO
(...and so on)

Instead of having 19 MAPINFO's, I created only one containing all the info for each map. After that, I tested out the wad with ZDoom and it worked great, but the next time I tried it out, the entire wad was destroyed.

Nice post count.

NICE TO SEE YOU TOO.

Old Post 10-09-01 06:37 #
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

Nice post count.

KILL THE NORMANS
i had that post count when i was sleeping.

Old Post 10-09-01 06:38 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote