Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Katarhyne

katarhyne.postcount == (katarhyne.postcount++)

You'd have to tinker with the back of the thing every time you wanted to switch from headphones to speakers

First of all I could just do that without buying any extra accesories, only reason why I don't is cuz I find it irritating to be sitting on the floor so the headphones reach the back of the pc. I recall you saying that you wanted to have a soft menu in the bios so you could overclock without much trouble. I know that means you're just as lazy as I am so I think you'll understand what I'm getting at. Besides my mind is pretty much set on that amp, plus if I could make 20 bucks I could most likely get another 30. So what I need right now is some weed... I mean work.

Oingo Boingo? Wasn't them the guys with the single about insanity being a big bright cherry cloud or something? I haven't heard that shit in a decade.

I haven't heard In Flames or Blind Guardian, and I'm having a bitch of a time trying to get a copy of Iced Earth. Figures.

Get a splitter and a headphone extension cord. Just plug the headphones into the end of the extension cord, and unplug 'em when you're done. You can get cheap computer speakers with a headphone jack in 'em too.

We all need weed. I got DashEvil, Kain, and Goku2inchnail going off on me in AIM. ARGH!

I got DashEvil, Kain, and Goku2inchnail going off on me in AIM. ARGH!

ROFL, learn the technique of multiple screen names ;)

We all need weed

Heh, just got out and had a quarter ounce of kinebuds.

http://www.mpcnow.com

Pay 700$, get 1.4ghz AMD Thunderbird, ABIT KT7a motherboard (check tomshardware and sharkyextreme--this motherboard kicks ass), 256-512 megs of pc133 Micron memory (ranks higher than Dell DDR according to sisoft sandra benchmarks), Radeon 64DDR (or a geforce3 visiontek), sound blaster live, 40gig 7200 maxtor harddrive, floppy drive, nice coolermaster fan (keeps my processor a frosty 43 degrees celcius after a long gaming session--that owns)

Then cough up another 120 for a nice case/powersupply combo, use your old monitor, and you have yourself a powerhouse of a system for under 1,000 bucks.
/shrug ;) Plus, if you build it yourself, you get to learn a thing or two.

-|RaptoR|

I am trying to get started at building computers an flogging 'em, but it is kinda hard coz i am shite at it. Oh well.

Anyway, I have a question for you peeps: How much do you get your hash for in the U.S.? over here I get an ounce of fairly good quality resin for £60.

HOLY SHIT RAPTOR YOU ARE A MORON

Okay, maybe not a moron. You're just extremely ignorant.

First of all, the KT7A is EXTREMELY slow. It's OLD. Get with the now. Yeah, it kicked a lot of ass - six months ago.

Holy fucking shit, I can't believe you're reccommending SDR over DDR. "Dell DDR" WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DELL DOES NOT SELL SYSTEMS WITH DDR MEMORY I KNOW I WORK FOR DELL! Holy shit, I need to calm down.

I have not been confronted with such idiocy in awhile. Thanks, Raptor, for letting me vent.

Anyway, Radeon 64DDR != Radeon 7500. Radeon 7500 is A LOT faster than any other card out there, with the exception of A) the geforce 3/TI B) the Geforce 2 ultra, which it matches and in some cases outperforms. Plus, it's under $200. [edit] Whoops, forgot the Radeon 8500 (which currently fights the GF3TI500 for the speed crown) [/edit]

The SB Live! sucks ass. %60 CPU utilization. 'Nuff said.

Eh, HDD isn't bad.

Coolermaster heatsinks suck. (Except for this new copper one they just came out with that apparenly owns, but I promise that's not the one they're selling - I just checked.)

Case/PSU != $120.

Old monitor == SHIT.

Deadnail knows 10 times as much as you do about computers. Why don't you learn something before you post next time?

Jesus...

(by the way, if I seem harsh, eat me)

HOLY SHIT RAPTOR YOU ARE A MORON

Okay, maybe not a moron. You're just extremely ignorant.

First of all, the KT7A is EXTREMELY slow. It's OLD. Get with the now. Yeah, it kicked a lot of ass - six months ago.

Holy fucking shit, I can't believe you're reccommending SDR over DDR. "Dell DDR" WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT DELL DOES NOT SELL SYSTEMS WITH DDR MEMORY I KNOW I WORK FOR DELL! Holy shit, I need to calm down.

I have not been confronted with such idiocy in awhile. Thanks, Raptor, for letting me vent.

You need to be looking around at stuff more often here then, Kat. :-)

Anyway, Radeon 64DDR != Radeon 7500. Radeon 7500 is A LOT faster than any other card out there, with the exception of A) the geforce 3/TI B) the Geforce 2 ultra, which it matches and in some cases outperforms. Plus, it's under $200.

The SB Live! sucks ass. %60 CPU utilization. 'Nuff said.

Eh, HDD isn't bad.

40GB HD == TEH SUCK - this is why there are 60GB drives out now (larger if you're willing to go SCSI [w00t!]).

Speaking of which, I can't wait until memory prices-per-MB drop below HD prices-per-MB. :-) (I want a 1TB drive with super-low access times!)

Coolermaster heatsinks suck. (Except for this new copper one they just came out with that apparenly owns, but I promise that's not the one they're selling - I just checked.)

Case/PSU != $120.

Dunno... maybe a 1kW PSU would cost $70. (Why the hell would you NEED a 1 kilowatt PSU, though?)

Old monitor == SHIT.

Deadnail knows 10 times as much as you do about computers. Why don't you learn something before you post next time.

Jesus...

(by the way, if I seem harsh, eat me)

Damnit, Kat, you're going soft on the morons again.

Old monitor == SHIT.

Not quiet - depends on how good it was when new and long it served. I have seen really shitty new monitors and really nice "older" Trinitron displays. Of course the Apple 22" TFT "Cinema Display" is the hottest screen you can obtain for your $3.000 :)

Eh, HDD isn't bad.

I do not know this specific drive, but I am guessing my 10.000 rpm Cheeta SCSI drive will make it looking old :) :)

Old monitor == SHIT.

Not quiet - depends on how good it was when new and long it served. I have seen really shitty new monitors and really nice "older" Trinitron displays. Of course the Apple 22" TFT "Cinema Display" is the hottest screen you can obtain for your $3.000 :). But personally I also like prefer crt monitors because of their more naturally looking colours.

Eh, HDD isn't bad.

I do not know this specific drive, but I am guessing my 10.000 rpm Cheeta SCSI drive will make it looking old :) :) :)