Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deadnail

AOL ban?

Netscape can only have maximized windows, so when you try to open something in a new window it takes up the whole screen even when it's not supposed to be viewed that way.

So, yeah, it does suck monkey ass.

Netscape can only have maximized windows, so when you try to open something in a new window it takes up the whole screen even when it's not supposed to be viewed that way.

That, and it can't display any websites properly.

I've noticed that. Back when I had another cheap website, I had to use PageMill to edit some GIFs. I made the background color transparent, and they worked fine in IE and AOL. Yet when I got into Netscape, all frames beyond the first frame had black lines in the background. Fucked up.

Why the hell would anyone who knows better get AOL? Anyone who actually chose AOL as their ISP should be beaten. Maybe this widespread ban with help people get with "real" ISPs and learn how to do things the non-retarded way.

Why the hell would anyone who knows better get AOL? Anyone who actually chose AOL as their ISP should be beaten. Maybe this widespread ban with help people get with "real" ISPs and learn how to do things the non-retarded way.

Uh, because AOL basically lets you get on without thinking about "how can I get a .002% speed increase from this local ISP over this one" and crap like that. It lets the rest of us work on other things, like thinking of new ways to hunt you down and beat your pasty white nerdass.

Uh, because AOL basically lets you get on without thinking about "how can I get a .002% speed increase from this local ISP over this one" and crap like that. It lets the rest of us work on other things, like thinking of new ways to hunt you down and beat your pasty white nerdass.

What is this? AOL versus a proper ISP?
AOL is becoming big brother baby and joined with Time Warner. Sure go ahead and flood yourself with censored (like un-free-speech) crap. (They wont host Doomworld, no "fuck" allowed, let alone "white nerdass") You can beat up anyone you want, wont change a thing. AOL is very good when it comes to online purchasing and taking away the peoples thinking. You just said so yourself.

What is this? AOL versus a proper ISP?
AOL is becoming big brother baby and joined with Time Warner. Sure go ahead and flood yourself with censored (like un-free-speech) crap. (They wont host Doomworld, no "fuck" allowed, let alone "white nerdass") You can beat up anyone you want, wont change a thing. AOL is very good when it comes to online purchasing and taking away the peoples thinking. You just said so yourself.

Actually, the reason I use AOL is because it's got better customer service than any of the local ISPs. :-)

Well, hell, who would use the IE browser anyway?

I only use IE because I'm FORCED to. Damn school regulations. I prefer Netscape, and avoid AOL like the plague.

Why the hell would anyone who knows better get AOL?

Because there are also millions of people use AOL than other ISP, and there are hundreds of thousands more are not able to get some sort of broadband be it cable or DSL.

I rest my case.

ah... AOL... free coasters in the mail. What will they think up next?

Reminds me of a line from Cledus T. Judd's "First Redneck on the Internet":

"My wife told me she'd like to come back as well. I told her to go straight to AOL!"