Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Peter Heinemann

About Bios...

I have a question: Is there a tool that allows to save a report about the actual mainbord bios settings? I am too lazy to write all the stuff down and shooting pictures from the screen would also mean too much work, so I am looking for a tool that is able to read the bios and to provide the information in a readable report. I had to make several special settings in the bios to make the system running, also in the SCSI bios, so loosing the settings with the death of the battery would mean lots of efforts in reconstruction.

BTW: Macintosh computers (I love them, as you know :) also have a kind of bios: It is called "Parameter Ram" and it is also buffered by a battery. But you cannot make changes during or before startup. It holds the settings of several control panels, the date/time, mouse speed, etc.

i think this program will do it for pc, but i dont know for sure...

http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,10615,35399,00.html

its called "sandra" and it basically runs tests and benchmarks on your computer.

for macs, i suggest techtool. i dont really know where to get it or if you have to buy it.

enjoy,
xooz98

i think this program will do it for pc, but i dont know for sure...

http://www.zdnet.com/downloads/stories/info/0,10615,35399,00.html

its called "sandra" and it basically runs tests and benchmarks on your computer.

for macs, i suggest techtool. i dont really know where to get it or if you have to buy it.

enjoy,
xooz98

Thanks, techtool is one of my apps since years. Techtool is free software, only Techtool Pro is a commercial programm (but nor very usefull and it reports errors where everything is fine). The free techtool is great!

(looks for Sandra and some Polaroid films as last resort)

there are many good programs that do just that. hell depending on what BIOS u have, and its age, it may even print the info for u. however if u are a mac user, and this questions is towards a mac, i have no idea how. I have a american megatrends BIOS, with its nice GUI format, this is on a older 486 motherboard it can store the info in a DOS txt file and even print it out! this BIOS is also later 1994 so i am sure that the BIOS u have may have a similar feature

there are many good programs that do just that. hell depending on what BIOS u have, and its age, it may even print the info for u. however if u are a mac user, and this questions is towards a mac, i have no idea how. I have a american megatrends BIOS, with its nice GUI format, this is on a older 486 motherboard it can store the info in a DOS txt file and even print it out! this BIOS is also later 1994 so i am sure that the BIOS u have may have a similar feature

Oh, no, its about the P133 I got for some source ports. I just wrote about the mac counterpart of bios for information. The mainboard in the PC is an Asus P/I-P55TP4N, Bios is AMI, I think. I will look if it allows saving, thanx :)