Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sin`pl

bots for d2?

hello, is there any bots for original doom 2? or they work only with zdoom etc... ?
thanks, sin

thanks! but this is not real deathmatch... if somebody kill me, map is restarted + it uses dehacked :( do you know any others bots?

edit: word mistake

If I'm not mistaken, your main interest is doing mods to use on mobile devices; in that case it depends on what the port usable in those devices can do; as far as I know they are pretty standard, but like Doom95, they don't accept modifications except to the wad. You would either have to port something like Boom and use DeHackEd, code your own bot (which shouldn't be too system intensive,) or somehow alter the port to modify the enemy behavior (direct binary hacking, applying a patch.)

Also, most engines allow you to execute single player as if it were multi-player (e.g., doom -nodes 1 -deathmatch); thus not restarting the map when you die.

you are right. im interested in making mods to use on mobiles.. im not the programmer but the author of c2doom (mobile doom) released source code - maybe someone could take a look and tell me if its hard to add bots? ofcourse, i will dont do them, ill try to talk to mertama and maybe he will find free time to add them... anyway, here is the official website:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/mertama/

thanks.