Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

Aubrey Hodges appreication thread

I've been listening to a lot of his work lately (for those who haven't been keeping up with recent threads, he did work for Quake 64, Doom and Final Doom (PS1) and Doom 64) and I feel it's really outstanding. You can download all of his work for the Doom games at http://www.doom2.net/~doomdepot/music.html. What is your favorite tune? Is there one in particular that stands out? I'm listening right now and trying to decide that myself. I wish there was more information about Aubrey, I've found very little except for other games he's done music for.

Seconded. The music is definitely the best thing about Evilution. Too bad the maps are below average.

Btw, Plutonia reused UDoom midis.

Guardian said:

Your link's broken. There's no tilde.

The problem was that there was a full-stop included at the end of the url - the link was basically OK. The automatic parsing of URLs often screws up like that. I've fixed it.

Belial said:

Btw, Plutonia reused UDoom midis.

And a few from Doom2. But remember that PSX Final Doom (which is being referred to here) was very different from the PC version.

GoatLord said:

I wish there was more information about Aubrey, I've found very little except for other games he's done music for.

Aubrey made a few midi's that he released on the net, though I do not know the names of those files.

He also made a remix of DJ Skinhead's extreme terror, which is also found on the Psxdoom CD and in Club Doom.

I downloaded some of the PSX tracks and a couple Doom64 tracks off that place and I must say that Aubrey Hodges is a master music maker. Very moody and atmospheric music, just badass.