Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sephiroth

the doom movie

i was just surprised to see a ad for the new doom movie. good thing is that the rumors seem false. the said they were mariens and the was a clip involving a chainsaw and a pinkie demon. the movie looks very doom 3

A set visit mentioned a "Portal Chamber". Also, I found this quote on Arrow in the Head. It's a summary point from a recent interview with Clive Barker...

Universal dropped TORTURED SOULS THE MOVIE because their film DOOM dealt with demons and hey didn't want two demon films on their slate.

The trailer also says Olduvai or whatever is not the name of the planet but the name of the research station on Mars where it is set.

The doom movie official website has been updated, worth a peek. Make sure to download the screensaver, it has new footage from the movie, including the creatures!!

baronofhell said:

The doom movie official website has been updated, worth a peek. Make sure to download the screensaver, it has new footage from the movie, including the creatures!!

Where exactly are you seeing this footage with the creatures in it? I tried looking at photos, and they're all just ones we've seen already, and I didn't see any creatures in them.

And now something for everyone else; after taking a look at the website (ALL sections of it) if you still don't think the settings look right out of Doom 3, you're obviiously drunk, stoned, retarded, whatever.

I just saw the previews for the DooM Movie whilst watching some hockey (FINALLY!!!), and I think it looks great. I just hope they don't screw it up, because I think this game could really use an awesome movie to go along with the incredible series.

-_DLD_- said:
I just saw the previews for the DooM Movie whilst watching some hockey (FINALLY!!!), and I think it looks great. I just hope they don't screw it up, because I think this game could really use an awesome movie to go along with the incredible series.

Finally Indeed.

Yeah, i've seen the commercials, I like it, definitely something I'll see...although that's kinda obligatory...

Yeah. I've been hoping for a DooM Movie for a long time (though I've just gotten back into DooM). Hopefully they do it right. No need for John Romero to have a heart attack.

ROFL! (sorry) All we need now is to have the main Marine (if it goes down to 1 like good old DooM 1), then we need him to have those expressions and eye-movements like his head does in the original games. Oh, and we also need a guy named "BJ" in there and have him do BJ's Wolfenstein 3D expressions. Sort of an "easter egg" for oldies, if you will.

Have you even read that yet? :-P In any event, yeah, I have to grudgingly agree, that'd certainly make the DVD top the sales charts for a VERY long time.

I think the premise for the Doom Movie is a little suspect. Having a movie set on Earth would be cool. Something like the scenes in Mad Max and/or Aliens and set in familiar locations would be much better.

Anybody know the name of that song playing during the trailer? It really kicks off before the first fps scene in the preview. Anybody?

Guardian said:

Have you even read that yet? :-P In any event, yeah, I have to grudgingly agree, that'd certainly make the DVD top the sales charts for a VERY long time.

No, I thankfully haven't, but I know what Impse is.

bejiitas_wrath said:

I think the premise for the Doom Movie is a little suspect. Having a movie set on Earth would be cool. Something like the scenes in Mad Max and/or Aliens and set in familiar locations would be much better.

Considering that Doom 1, Doom 3, and the first Doom book all take place on Mars, I can't really imagine why you would want the movie to take place on earth. To each their own, but I want the movie to follow the Doom story, otherwise its not Doom and shouldn't be named such.

Regards,

Dusty

About screensaver... hmm... do you also see a monster (not sure if I should call it demon or mutant) holding a big gun?

Touchdown said:

About screensaver... hmm... do you also see a monster (not sure if I should call it demon or mutant) holding a big gun?

I see a hell knight wielding a chainsaw

Ralphis said:

I see a hell knight wielding a chainsaw

WTH is this? A Rorschac ink blot test? The only thing I will see is the Doom movie. Rock's not that bad of an actor. I liked him in Rundown and Standing Tall, anyway. A lot better than a lion's share of the garbage Hollywood spews out under the pretense of being a fair trade off of entertainment for your eight bucks.

UH OH, bad news, i just saw a review for the doom movie on filefront

OUCH!!!!!

They said it was the worst movie they had ever seen, and they exposed the entire storyline, Oh my god. It looks awful. Im still going to watch it, and get every piece of memoribillia it brings,and defend dooms honour in a few hl2 forums.

But i think it'll suck, even on mars etc. it'll suck. Mmmmmm.......doom just doesn't inspire good propaganda i guess. doom books 3-4 sucked, first two were okay, tho the ummm...pewter figures rock out loud. well i guess we should all the see the film and make our own judgements, after all evryone said RE sucked, and i think it rocked. w/e

Only Private Vasquez can save us now. :(

I heard from a friend that the only significant woman in the story got plugged to the default scientist role. THANKS A FUGGIN' LOT, HOLLYWOOD, FOR KICKING GENDER ADVANCEMENT BACK TO THE CURB. Pendiro jerkoffs...

KwadDamyj said:

I heard from a friend that the only significant woman in the story got plugged to the default scientist role. THANKS A FUGGIN' LOT, HOLLYWOOD, FOR KICKING GENDER ADVANCEMENT BACK TO THE CURB. Pendiro jerkoffs...

Uh... what?

As for the review, pfft. Some jackass on the net says it sucks and you automatically assume it is so? Go watch it and form your own opinion, cause that is the only one that matters.

wallis said:

well i guess we should all the see the film and make our own judgements, after all evryone said RE sucked, and i think it rocked. w/e

ummmmm......thats wot i said, im sorry if i got the wrong point across, but what i meant was the full story, go on filefront read the review, and therefor the FULL story, and u see whether it sux or not.

As for the film it may rock. I dunno,

My fault, I wrote my reply too fast. I liked RE as well, the sequel and AvP. Sure they could've been better, but they were all fun rides.

People tend to overthink movies. And it sometimes seems like you're not one of the cool kids on the net unless you think everything sucks and don't constantly whine and complain about every last little detail.

KwadDamyj said:

Well, let's think about it. Would you rather have the Rock saving our asses or Brittney Spears?

. . .

Nevermind.

I think ARMY OF DARKNESS IS A HORRIBLE MOVIE. Now, I assume the rest of you will accept my opinion and share it as well.

I really love that movie but I'm trying to make a point here.