Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
nightmare imp

Weird bug or glitch in Z Doom?

I was playing Z Doom(latest version) awhile ago.I was playing with the Hell Revealed.Wad,psxsnds.wad,doom64.wad and Reqmus.wad together.
Anyways,I was on level 32 of Hell Revealed when I noticed something weird.I was blasting my way through a horde of imps,hellknights,archviles and cacodemons.I saw an archvile ressurecting a hell knight, so I blasted the archvile with the bfg 9000 and when it died, several imps and barons, and cacodemons were transparent like ghosts.They still attacked and I could still kill them with weapons, so is this like some sort of glitch or a bug in Z Doom?

Just thought I should mention, thanks.

The monsters look this way after they are resurrected by an Arch-vile in Zdoom.

I believe that used to be correct. The translucent resurrections disappeared sometime during the version 1.23 development. Shame, I like the effect. I don't *think* it is even an option anymore.

I believe that used to be correct. The translucent resurrections disappeared sometime during the version 1.23 development. Shame, I like the effect. I don't *think* it is even an option anymore.

It was correct as of 1.23b20.

Strange,

I just dug out my copy of beta 20, installed it to a new dirctory, didn't set any preferences, went and found an archie but everything he reanimated was fully opaque.

it's probably because there are too many demons got transfer through the teleporter, and zdoom cannot handle this big load of demon teleporting. It happens the same too in hr2.wad map32. If you run it under zdoom, it would crash too once you are on to that map. However if you run hr2.wad map32 with vanilla doom2.exe port, it works fine. I've known about that problem a long time ago, but still I havn't really figured it out particularly.