Baron of Hell
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Simpson Doom reference.

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 04:03. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Technician
Still no custom title

Although episode Midnight Rx, season 16 may jus be the worst Simpson episode ever made, it has a cleaver yet lame Doom reference. When homer talks to a un-employment personnel the man is seen playing a first person shooter that looks strikingly like Doom, and kills a robot. The computer then says "Congratulations you have defeated the Doom guard, and closed the gate. Phobos has been saved"

Sorry this isn't the exact quote. I tried searching for episode quotes for this episode, but with no avail.

Has this already been mentioned?

Old Post 07-09-06 16:35 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doom_user

I think that's the correct quote, though it should say bot, not guard.

Old Post 07-09-06 18:15 #
Doom_user is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
OmegaJ4

Didn't look anything like Doom to me, seemed for like Defender

Old Post 07-09-06 19:52 #
OmegaJ4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

Could this be the turning point we've all been waiting for in The Simpsons? Hmm, nope, it can't be.

Old Post 07-10-06 20:34 #
AndrewB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Technician
Still no custom title

OmegaJ4 said:
Didn't look anything like Doom to me, seemed for like Defender

Defender! It even has a status bar at the bottom of the screen.

Old Post 07-11-06 05:45 #
Technician is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Bank

I remember that, I took it simply as a joke on FPS in general.

Old Post 07-11-06 06:59 #
Bank is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

I don't think the writers knew enough about FPS's to make a direct reference to Doom. It's like that episode when Ozzy said "And this year's award for best hardcore thrash metal album goes to...SIMPSONS BOOGIE?!" Obviously, whoever wrote that joke just heard the two phrases seperately and probably assumed that metalheads use the term "hardcore thrash metal" on a regular basis. That Doom psuedo-reference could have been funny if they knew what they were fucking talking about. At least Family Guy had the balls to actually show a clip from the game, but with fucked up soung effects for some reason.

Old Post 07-13-06 18:18 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
chopkinsca
Nothing

GoatLord said: whoever wrote that joke just heard the two phrases seperately and probably assumed that metalheads use the term "hardcore thrash metal" on a regular basis. [/B]

Or they could have been making fun of how some people like to classify music, which sounds like a bunch of terms thrown together anyway.

Old Post 07-13-06 21:45 #
chopkinsca is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote