Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

DeePSea has its merits, people!

Anyway, I have now completely redone E1 (in nine separate WADs, of course) to look what I think it would look in E2 style. If you could see, you would probably say "Fnord!" or "Awesome!", or something like that.
Next stop: making E2 look like E1 by redoing the textures and taking out the E2 weapons and enemies (among other things)!!

Have any of you guys ever tried anything like this, BTW?

My first attempts at editing was changing item placement and texture choices for E1M1. There were cybers by the blue armor. 10+ of them I think... gee, those were the days =)

He he...

Yeah, my first editing attempts were similar. A spider in the open outside area in E1M1 and a few textures and items changed. Couldn't work out why I could change almost everything, but moving vertices always made the level look crap.

BSP what's that?

Indeed, happy days.

Yep, back in the day I was always turning levels into hell-themed maps. I'd put hordes of enemies in, although I put enough ammo and health in so that the maps with like 300+ monsters were actually possible.

After that, I started doing the warrens thing, like making different levels in the style of E3M9, where you'd hit the exit and have to go back through the level with a bunch of new stuff opened up.

Then I finally my first original 3-sector map, it was a blood maze with two steps at the start (because I couldn't figure out how to make any more sectors than that). It was actually pretty fun and a good challenge, but since it was all one sector, all the things would disappear at random times.

Those days have just started for some of us.I got DeepSea just a coupla weeks ago and yep first thing I did was to put a spider m.m. in doom2 map1!Followed by various other additions and crazy texture & shape changes-new toy.
After playing for sooo long I can't believe how long I left it to try editin'