Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > for those interested in portable doom

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:22. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
doomsick
no need for a title.

i have it on good authority that doom for GBA is due out october 30...so smile. don't flame if somone already posted this, i don't regularly post here...

Old Post 06-22-01 00:24 #
doomsick is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

What sort of "good authority" is that?

Old Post 06-22-01 02:29 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Zaldron
Sex Cauldron

God, that's a long, long sig. And makes almost no sense.

Old Post 06-22-01 05:42 #
Zaldron is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
LorD BaZTArD
My SHiFt KEy iS bROKeN

Cool, Are they Any Good?

I hope They Are!

Old Post 06-22-01 15:56 #
LorD BaZTArD is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
oRaptoRo
Mini-Member

Evidence 1:
http://www.gamelord.com/search.asp?keyword=&lookin=title&platform=7&genre=3&searchtype=adv&sortby=title&searchbutton.x=72&searchbutton.y=14

Evidence 2:
http://www.vgf.com/frame/?http://nin.vgf.com/news/2001/gbadoom.htm

Evidence 3(like 1):
http://www.gamelord.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=160058

There's hope yet ;)

Old Post 06-22-01 22:38 #
oRaptoRo is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Linguica

Those ETAs are total bullshit. Stores make them up so that people will preorder the game. Which would you plunk down your preorder money for -- "Doom GBA: ETA unknown" or "Doom GBA: ETA 10/30/01"? I have seen ETAs for games which haven't even started production, or didn't even exist.

Old Post 06-22-01 23:32 #
Linguica is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

When will people learn? The only companies or people who you can trust for release dates are those actually publishing and distributings the game.

You can't even trust the developers of a game if they aren't the ones publishing and distributing it, as there's often inexplicable delays.

These could be _major_ post-gold problems being discovered ("oh crap, we've got 100,000 CD's with the WinFag52x virus!"), or the publisher may decide that the game is actually utterly s**t and refuse to release it (trust me, it's happened).

PC Gamer UK had Doom 3 listed for a Winter 2001 release date until a couple of issues ago. I hope no-one actually believed them, else they're going to be majorly disappointed...

Old Post 06-23-01 01:12 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Doom for GBA Would rock if you could use the link cable. I don't see how the GBA would have any troble running it.

Old Post 06-23-01 04:35 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
oRaptoRo
Mini-Member

Whats with the flames? Are you fuckers so insecure that you gotta flame *EVERYTHING* that passes by here? I posted evidence and links to people interested in learning a little more about the port. I posted a place to pre-order the game. Read my last comment, "there's hope yet ;)" means nothing more than THERE IS HOPE OF A DOOM FOR GBA... god damn.

Old Post 06-23-01 16:40 #
oRaptoRo is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

Jesus, I wish people would learn what flaming actually is before accusing everyone of it. "oh no, he said I was wrong! Wah! I'm going to tell mummy!"

Saying that someone is wrong is not flaming. If you're offended by the fact that other people might have different opinions than yourself, then public forums on the intenet are not exactly a good place to be.

By the way, THIS is flaming:

"you a f**king wanker, your mother's a whore and your father's a fag. Take your f***ing release date s**t and eat it."

Old Post 06-23-01 16:50 #
NiGHTMARE is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katgut
Post Out Of Order

Those ETAs are total bullshit. Stores make them up so that people will preorder the game. Which would you plunk down your preorder money for -- "Doom GBA: ETA unknown" or "Doom GBA: ETA 10/30/01"? I have seen ETAs for games which haven't even started production, or didn't even exist.

*cough*Daikatana*cough*

Old Post 06-23-01 16:54 #
Katgut is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doomsick
no need for a title.

my source is the manager of a gamestop.com, he said i could reserve it and it would be available on 10.30.01, that's what i was told, funny how things around here can get everyone so pissy, of course there can be delays and reserving doesn't mean anything, so lighten up...

Old Post 06-23-01 20:24 #
doomsick is offline Profile || Blog || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dark Fox
No one <3's me enough

Whats with the flames? Are you fuckers so insecure that you gotta flame *EVERYTHING* that passes by here?

Your point being newbie?

Old Post 06-23-01 21:53 #
Dark Fox is offline Profile || Blog || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
NiGHTMARE
Forum Legend

my source is the manager of a gamestop.com, he said i could reserve it and it would be available on 10.30.01, that's what i was told, funny how things around here can get everyone so pissy, of course there can be delays and reserving doesn't mean anything, so lighten up...

It doesn't matter how high up someone is in a company. Unless copies are already in the magazine/website/shop/whoever's hands, only the publishers know a *******e release date.

Even having "gone gold" isn't enough. Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal is actually already out in the US, but there's at least three different UK release dates that different companies have for the game (29th June, 6th July, 13th July). Obviously only one of them can be right (although, of course, it could be that they're all wrong).

Old Post 06-24-01 00:50 #