Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Problem with the MyDoom Frontend

Finally got it working! The only problem is, it won't let me start a game with any of the ports I have. Every time I start it up, it gives an error:c\windows\unzipped\ports\glboom.exe not found."
The thing is, I have GLBoom installed on my computer! What is wrong with this Frontend? And another thing?: it only has 5 source ports: ZDoom, Legacy, JDoom, PrBoom, and ZDoomGL. Where are all the others at?
King Elvis?

And another thing?: it only has 5 source ports: ZDoom, Legacy, JDoom, PrBoom, and ZDoomGL. Where are all the others at?

Why would you use any other source ports?

Finally got it working! The only problem is, it won't let me start a game with any of the ports I have. Every time I start it up, it gives an error:c\windows\unzipped\ports\glboom.exe not found."

I can't imagine that...but it sounds like a problem with the doomports.cfg file located in the frontend's sys folder.
Send it by email, or just post it here, I'm sure we will figure it out !

The thing is, I have GLBoom installed on my computer! What is wrong with this Frontend? And another thing?: it only has 5 source ports: ZDoom, Legacy, JDoom, PrBoom, and ZDoomGL. Where are all the others at?
King Elvis?

They are not directly integrated, but they can be configured. Tell me what ports do you want to use and we will figure it also out.

BTW: I have the frontend successfully working with:

PrBoom (glBoom)
ZDoom
ZDoomGL
Legacy
JDoom
JHeretic
JHexen
Doom3D
EDGE
Doom4Win
Vavoom

This is a bit tricky because of the IWAD paths

WinDoom
glDoom

I have also installed most of the old cdrom.com Doom & Doom2 levels stuff. Eyerything is managed in databases. My WAD-count is 5000+

Incredible, you're always here when someone needs a hand regarding frontends ;)

It's MY business :-)

...must be an obsession...I remember 1999 where I found back to Doom...I searched the web for weeks to get a frontend similar to Doom95, but ready to use with source ports (WinDoom & glDoom)...there was nothing, so I made the decision to develope my own...the result is what you have with the MyDoom Frontend today. Yeah, that's my story ;-)

Incredible, you're always here when someone needs a hand regarding frontends ;)

Heh, he's like the Mordeth of front-ends :)