Spider Mastermind
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > The Ultimate Doom Tournament

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 17:41. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

Old Post 04-10-07 16:47 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TawmDee

I loved this show, but what the fuck is up with this video honestly.
Most of the other challenges werent rigged like this if i remember correctly.

Old Post 04-10-07 16:59 #
TawmDee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Coopersville
Get Psyched!

If video game shows are being played on devilish sets like that, then maybe there is a cause for concern in the gaming community.

Anyway, I'd like to win a Golden GamesMaster Joystick through strange editing, bad playing, and being stuck at 22 health for a while somehow.

Old Post 04-10-07 18:04 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bashe

Wow, and they call him the "best Doom player in the world" or somesuch.

Heh, old computer too. I haven't seen lag in VANILLA Doom since my friend's computer back in the day.

Old Post 04-10-07 21:39 #
Bashe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Inferno

What the hell? One moment he's on one map then a second later on another. Plus he wasnt taking damage and a stimpack didnt heal him right away.

Really wierd. The guy sucked balls too.

Old Post 04-10-07 23:25 #
Inferno is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Richo Rosai

How about the chainsaw with ammo? Amazing.

Old Post 04-11-07 05:56 #
Richo Rosai is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Icarus

That was rigged. One minute he is on Map03, then Map10 (i think).
Plus he was being raped and not taking any damage.
Silly silly game shows :)

Old Post 04-11-07 12:17 #
Icarus is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vulture

If he can make it up the stairs in map03, he has the game for a win!

And who knew there was a secret teleporter in map03 that magically takes you to the middle of map10 with an SSG and gives you the ability to show damage but not affect you.

This guy is truly the DooM master.

Old Post 04-11-07 13:23 #
Vulture is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Torn
google is your master

Wow, that was really sucky. Was all the shows rigged, all of them?

Old Post 04-11-07 14:45 #
Torn is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

And I thought I sucked at playing doom, even the sounds are messed up at the start shoot an imp and you hear an zombie die.Shotgun boys and chaingun boys lol, did anybody found the teleporter on map03 that takes you to map10 yet :p

Old Post 04-11-07 15:13 #
Dutch Doomer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TawmDee

Torn said:
Wow, that was really sucky. Was all the shows rigged, all of them?

I have a few tapes of this show from various seasons. None of the challenges were as badly rigged as this. There might have been a few that were rigged, but none as badly as this.

Keep in mind this is a gore special. My theory is that they got some random guy who said that he was fantastic at Doom, but then they found out he was absolutely shit at the game, (possibly dying on map03 all the time.) So they had to rig it completely in order to show tons of carnage and gore and all that from Doom.

It'd make sense to me if it was true. Though fuck knows why the fps drops at map10, or why the fuck they changed it to map10 in the first place!

Old Post 04-11-07 15:27 #
TawmDee is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Quasar

It was "edited for time." IOW, they took out the 20 times he died and the 3 hours he spent humping walls for keys and secrets. And most of the maps.

Old Post 04-11-07 15:48 #
Quasar is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
OmegaJ4

Did i hear the "Gamemaster" call the demons "Aliens?" He needs the get his facts right.

Why did he suddenly switch from Map03 to Map10?

Old Post 04-11-07 16:19 #
OmegaJ4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

My personal favourite is where the imps are referred to as monkeys.

Old Post 04-11-07 16:56 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GGG
Hi there! I'm an asshole. Nice meeting you!

He was using a hand-held controller, so maybe degressless mode was enabled as a button on it.

Old Post 04-11-07 18:27 #
GGG is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

What are you morons talking about, this guy is awesome.

Old Post 04-11-07 18:57 #
AndrewB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

It looks like the HUD was from one area of gameplay that was superimposed onto another in order for the 1% health gag to work. It's funny because, if they're going to cater to fans by showing such a direct reference to Doom, you'd think they'd get it right instead of switching between what appears to be Map03 and Fueling Base. It was pretty damn amusing overall though. The set and goblins were awesome.

Old Post 04-15-07 08:00 #
GoatLord is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Patrick
someone employed to clean and maintain a building

ummmmm, yeah....

Old Post 04-15-07 19:37 #
Patrick is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mithral_Demon
Forum Regular

You call that a tournament? Bah, a tournament be like a Coop vs Coop, fastest team wins and all that stuff.

Old Post 04-16-07 00:42 #
Mithral_Demon is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sinfis
Green Marine

Lol, I thought I was going to see some really good playing, like in that video, where Doom 2 is played through in about 14 minutes. And why didn't he use keyboard? I think it's easier with it, and Doom is initially a pc game and should be treated like it.

Old Post 04-16-07 10:27 #
Sinfis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
myk
volveré y seré millones

Sinfis said:
Lol, I thought I was going to see some really good playing, like in that video, where Doom 2 is played through in about 14 minutes.
The built run? Work put putting it together aside, in its own way that one is more rigged than this "tournament" thing. For really good playing you'll have to resort to true speedruns.

Old Post 04-16-07 10:44 #
myk is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Sinfis said:
Lol, I thought I was going to see some really good playing, like in that video, where Doom 2 is played through in about 14 minutes. And why didn't he use keyboard? I think it's easier with it, and Doom is initially a pc game and should be treated like it.

Heh, that was a giant piece of offal set up to fool the gullible and those not knowing any better. It's not even worth wondering why he didn't use the keyboard, since he wasn't even really playing. They plugged a dummy controller somewhere (probably into nothing) and played back a video, that's it.

I've seen a lot of rigged shows and news involving computers (or rather, the audience's presumed ignorance of them). It's not worth making a detailed list, but let's say they are on the level of a run-off-the-mill technobabble-filled Hollywood computer blooper , if you know what I mean.

Ranked #1 in google for FORCED and PAINFUL! Ranked #3 for Chocolate Shotgun!

Old Post 04-16-07 15:22 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Macro11_1

I wonder how much profit was made off that... and how much it cost to produce that pile of shit.

Oh well...

At least they could have recorded better game segments... and possibly use the run button!

Old Post 04-20-07 02:03 #
Macro11_1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DeumReaper

Anyone up for super-imposing Stx-Vile and his 29:56 nm run? I'd do it myself but im lazy and don't have that much free time.

Old Post 04-20-07 12:39 #
DeumReaper is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote