Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kaiser

Whats the word on that contest?

Don't mind me, I don't post often here..but I was wondering if that GBA Doom contest ended..

anybody know the results?

I was wondering the same thing about 4 hours ago, the contest ended yesterday, I didn't hear anything on the results though.

I just asked the same thing in admin forum. No replies yet...

We decided to keep the goodies and quit the community, seeing as it's more compensation than we would've had otherwise.

I just asked the same thing in admin forum. No replies yet...

We decided to keep the goodies and quit the community, seeing as it's more compensation than we would've had otherwise.

/me nods :P

The result is in and it turns out Linguica's little brother Gauspar won :P

hmm where'd you see this?

The result is in and it turns out Linguica's little brother Gauspar won :P

hmm where'd you see this?

Did you not notice the :P? His brothers site (I dont even know if he has a brother, its just a joke)

btw, did anyone else notice the disclamer?

Standard disclaimer stuff: Contest runs until November 26, 2001. One entry per person. To be eligible for this contest you ought to be 18 years old, but since we're not asking how old you are I guess there's not much we can do about it. You have to be
able to receive mail, otherwise how will we get a prize to you? And we'll tell you you've won, so it's not like you'll get a package one day and not be sure if it's a brand new Game Boy Advance from that Doomworld contest, or a big box of anthrax. All
personal information will be kept strictly confidential and will not be made available to third parties. Actually, even if I did want to sell your information, I would have no idea how to go about it, so don't worry. Odds of winning: depends on how many
people enter, now doesn't it? Employees of Doomworld and its host site, Telefragged, are not eligible, but I can pretty much count those people on one hand so it's not much of an issue. Actually, let me think... Linguica, Mordeth, Arioch, AndrewB,
Julian, Marv, QuakeGod, Slade, Idoru... that's it, I think. So you can't be one of those people. Other than that, it's fair game. Unless you live in Afghanistan, but I don't think an Afghan citizen has ever visited Doomworld in its over 3.5 years of
operation, so I'm not too worried about that. The last contest we had, the winner lived in like Norway or something, and it took forever for him to get his prize, but he did get it eventually. So yeah.

Everyone keeps going on about how dark the pictures are. I didn't do anything to them, they were all taken in ZDoom with standard gamma.

Everyone keeps going on about how dark the pictures are. I didn't do anything to them, they were all taken in ZDoom with standard gamma.

I used ZDooM v1.22, whereas you probably used some fresher version...? At least some of the earlier v1.23 betas produced very dark screenshots and, furthermore, completely ignored the gamma setting in this context.

N.C.

Well no wonder Ling's pictures look dark to you, if that's your average brightness the earth wouldn't need a sun anymore, we could just set your monitor into orbit.

Hm, yeah, or seeing how bright Lüts are, we could just put a Lüt into orbit.

Anyway, from sarcasm to facts... What gamma setting you need to use varies a lot, depending on your monitor and graphics card.

You must be blind.

That, dear Sir, is not a plausible conclusion.

N.C.

How about an edit instead?

Thanks for the tip - worked like a charm. I hadn't realized such a feature existed.

Newbie N.C.

They did not look dark to me, it was finding out where the pics were taken that was the hard part :)

I thought it was easy, and if all the answere's on that page are right I got them all right too. I'm hungry for the results though.