Severed bunny head
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > doom on the wii?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 06:11. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Riddlebox19
Warming Up

What if any of the doom games was put on the wii (using the wand aspect of the controller, kinda metroid prime 3ish), I think that it would be awsome, it would make it a lot harder I think, especially if it was doom 3, what do you guys think?

Last edited by fraggle on 10-03-07 at 22:34

Old Post 10-02-07 19:20 #
Riddlebox19 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

It's sort of Doom's mission to be ported to just about everything, so I could see it happening.

Old Post 10-02-07 20:13 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
YMB
v2.0

Coopersville said:
It's sort of Doom's mission to be ported to just about everything, so I could see it happening.

Coming soon: Digital Watch Doom!
Well, I have Doom on my freakin' (Rockbox) iPod, so the Wii couldn't be too hard to port to.

Old Post 10-02-07 21:09 #
YMB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Remote#Wii_Zapper

Old Post 10-02-07 21:48 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
YMB
v2.0

fraggle said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_Remote#Wii_Zapper

I must admit, that's the coolest peripheral I've ever seen.

Old Post 10-02-07 22:04 #
YMB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DJShrimpy

Quake was already ported to Wii so I don't see why not.

Old Post 10-02-07 22:32 #
DJShrimpy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Inferno

It would probably be so hard to play. Resident Evil 4 isnt even fun on the Wii. But yet again that plays differently so idk...

Old Post 10-03-07 02:49 #
Inferno is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

Inferno said:
Resident Evil 4 isnt even fun on the Wii.

It feels so good to hear someone admit that.

Old Post 10-03-07 04:45 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Planky

I've played Doom 3 with a wii controller - it's difficult, especially if you need to move quickly, you tend to start spinning if you hit the bounding box at speed.\

RTS games are easier, but the lack of buttons don't help.

Old Post 10-03-07 07:45 #
Planky is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ralphis
IDL Founder

Inferno said:
Resident Evil 4 isnt even fun on the Wii.

You were doing it wrong

Old Post 10-03-07 17:27 #
Ralphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Riddlebox19
Warming Up

I think it could be really fun. Other FPS's have done great on Wii, just look at Call of Duty 3 or Metroid Prime 3 (best game ever!!). If they did it I'd buy it. I think it would be awsome.

Old Post 10-03-07 19:06 #
Riddlebox19 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Inferno

Ralphis said:

You were doing it wrong

It sucked. Hard.

Old Post 10-04-07 02:39 #
Inferno is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
YMB
v2.0

Doom+Wiimote Zapper+DDR Dancepad= The Ultimate Doom Experience.

Old Post 10-04-07 02:50 #
Stealthy Ivan
DM 4 life

yomoneyboat said:

I can't see dancing around and waving this stupid wii controller in front of your tv fun, I thinks is fucking weird. My kids will get their own pc's before I ever buy them this piece of shit.

Old Post 10-04-07 13:18 #
Stealthy Ivan is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
hardcore_gamer
Fáviti Member

Stealthy Ivan said:

I can't see dancing around and waving this stupid wii controller in front of your tv fun, I thinks is fucking weird. My kids will get their own pc's before I ever buy them this piece of shit.

My famaly has a wii. When my brother uses it he just sits in the sofa and moves the wiimote a bit. You don't need to swing it like a moron.....but that kind of takes away the purpose.

Old Post 10-04-07 23:22 #
hardcore_gamer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
MONKET
Green Marine

Stealthy Ivan said:

You could have just said you wouldn't like it for the Wii, no need to flip the hell out and shout out schizophrenic insults at the console.

Old Post 10-06-07 03:20 #
MONKET is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Steeveeo

Stealthy Ivan said:

I can't see dancing around and waving this stupid wii controller in front of your tv fun...

I cant help but picture someone doing that...

Old Post 10-06-07 04:02 #
Steeveeo is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom_master1122

Stealthy Ivan

I can't see dancing around and waving this stupid wii controller in front of your tv fun,

I have a Wii, and you done need to wave your arms like a deranged idiot on crack. You do a slight flick and it does what you want.

yomoneyboat

Hey, I would buy doom again if they did that (I would buy it again even if they didn't do it). Just simply because it's doom, and the fact of a DDR pad to move would make it feel more realistic, as if you were in the game itself. However, if done, they should make it so the player can control other ways, in case of being tired.

Old Post 10-06-07 07:35 #
Doom_master1122 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Coopersville
Supreme Gentleman

MONKET said:

You could have just said you wouldn't like it for the Wii, no need to flip the hell out and shout out schizophrenic insults at the console.

You could just not defend the Wii. 'No need to misuse the word 'schizophrenic'.

Old Post 10-06-07 22:36 #
Riddlebox19
Warming Up

Ya I just got a Wii and if they came out with doom on the wii I would buy it in a heartbeat

Old Post 10-06-07 23:00 #
Vegeta
I don't "POST WAREZ, POST WAREZ!" anymore

Ha ha I'd own all you wii players (and specially the potential pad dancers), using my pc keyboard (no need for mouse).

Honestly I don't see the point to play/buy the console version of a pc game if you can play it on your pc, specially when it's well known that the quality is reduced on the console.

Last edited by Vegeta on 10-08-07 at 03:42

Old Post 10-07-07 11:13 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
doom2day
Forum Regular

You could have an option. SNES Doom controls (Classic controller anyone?) or the zapper controls.

Old Post 10-08-07 15:52 #
doom2day is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
shotgunman
Warming Up

imo, doom on wii would be horrible. the wii itself sucks

Old Post 10-13-07 01:56 #
shotgunman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ralphis
IDL Founder

Vegeta said:
Ha ha I'd own all you wii players (and specially the potential pad dancers), using my pc keyboard (no need for mouse).

I challenge you to a game of doom

Old Post 10-19-07 05:03 #
Ralphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cutman

I'd be interesting to use the wii controls for it but for the love of god if it's not done right it will SUCK (see red steel).

And what the hell are you talking about, the controls for resident evil 4 were awesome if not a little TOO good (making it a bit easier than the other versions).

Old Post 10-19-07 10:56 #
Cutman is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rubilacxe
Doomworld's Wad Ripper

DJShrimpy said:
Quake was already ported to Wii so I don't see why not.

How do I get Quake on my Wii? Any links I could look into online?

Old Post 10-19-07 15:04 #
Rubilacxe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Vegeta
I don't "POST WAREZ, POST WAREZ!" anymore

Ralphis said:

I challenge you to a game of doom

Ok, connect your wii and be ready for the 0\/\/N4g3

Old Post 10-19-07 16:25 #
Vegeta is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
AndrewB
I would commit first degree murder and then fabricate evidence to make it look like self defense.

Rubilacxe said:

How do I get Quake on my Wii? Any links I could look into online?

He's feeding you crap.

Old Post 10-28-07 03:03 #
AndrewB is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Rubilacxe
Doomworld's Wad Ripper

AndrewB said:

He's feeding you crap.

So THATS what that taste in my mouth was...

Old Post 10-30-07 17:27 #
Rubilacxe is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Adam3
Mini-Member

Hmmm, I wonder if the wii can handle Doom3?
Its specs are a small step above the original xbox right?

Old Post 11-01-07 23:13 #
Adam3 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote