Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UomoLumaca

Aliens TC and Doomwadstation

Hello! Some time ago I found an improved version of Aliens TC in gzdoom.doomwadstation.com, modified in 2006 by Jive and called Atcupd21.zip. I bookmarked the site, having in mind to download it along with some other files. A couple of days ago I tried to access the site and found that all doomwadstation.com is down. My question is: does anyone know what's wrong with it and when will it be up again (if it will - I would assume so, 'cause everyone knows it's an important DOOM resource)? Or, alternatively, does anyone of you have that file? I couldn't find it anywhere else.

Thanks, and sorry if my english is bad and/or my question doesn't fit in this category.

I can't say I'd miss it if it were gone (don't normally visit it at all).

In any case, your best bet would be to contact Jive. He might be able to send you that version of the wad.

Heh, there are already at least four Alien TC versions on the archive. One for DOOM, one for The Ultimate DOOM, one for DOOM II, and another (buggy) one for The Ultimate DOOM, uploaded after the other. The last of which is only causes confusion. I suggested to Ty to remove it, but he didn't want to bother with an old file.

Quasar's version does some fixes and the one for Legacy must have some conveniences for it (nodes and maybe some tweaks), though the essential issue (the conclusion of E2M8) is taken care by the one for The Ultimate DOOM (u_alntc1.zip and u_alntc2.zip) which will work with any engine and can be used to play the TC as the author left it.

Liberation said:
Is this what your looking for?

I doubt it, as it's named differently, though the one he's looking for is likely based on it.

Scuba Steve said:

Was this ever uploaded to the idgames archive?

No, nor was alot of good doom2 wads either that I beleive need to be played. Some like fragport and the such, unless I over looked them idgames archive.

Larzuk said:
No, nor was alot of good doom2 wads either that I beleive need to be played.

Thing is, I believe Quasar did it before knowing there was one for The Ultimate DOOM already, so while fixing the main issue, he tweaked a number of less critical glitches. But the archive is mainly a repository of original works, not slight modifications where various different people upload files with small changes or fixes. If I recall correctly, knowing that, Quasar just put it up on his site, but didn't keep it there when it was clear there was one that worked with any engine already, from the mid 90s.

Nowadays people occasionally download the messed up one of the two ("ultimate" ones) found on idgames (or else just see a link to the one for DOOM v1.9), and might be led to believe that "the TC is broken".

Some like fragport and the such, unless I over looked them idgames archive.

Fragport even appeared on The /newstuff Chronicles.

It seems I have over looked it then. I wonder if his other wads are in the database. Sorry didnt mean to go offtopic about this.