Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

dutch devil said:

An Congestion map which isn't done yet, I'm putting too much effort into this thing.

Looks awesome, though I'm not a big fan of the 3D models there...

Dutch, that looks amazing....... I see that you weren't kidding when you said that you liked marble eh... !

Death-Destiny said:

Heh. Something by TimeOfDeath. It suits him too, doesn't it. ;-)

Rocket launcher..... Pfffffft

I could clean that up with my fists.

:p

Heya DD. Is that map available to play? I am curious to have a shot at it.

dutch devil said:

I count about 10 cyberdemons, you need something better than an rocket launcher to clear that area ;)

Plus other assorted nasties. Could get crowded if there's no limit on Lost Souls.
Given my talent for catching rockets between my teeth I'm not going to try and Tyson the map.

Karnizero said:

IDDQD ? lol

Fists? Nah, I was just being silly. Having played a couple of TimeOFDeath maps now (A real veteran haha) I know that you tend to use every last bit of resources at your disposal, on account of there are always A LOT of monsters, and usually placed in very challenging ways. (Read: Always placed in challenging ways).

Oh and Grey Ghost... If you can catch rockets between your teeth, thats great... just fire them back again.

(Pause)

Ohhhhh.... You mean they explode when you catch them. Riiiight. Hmmm... Yeah I do that too. :(

@Dutch...IMO both those screenies (before and after) look pretty good. I especially like the ceiling light in screenie 2.

Well the first one is from an period in my mapping career where I was sticking too much time in detail, and too less in other things.All the detail just make it look too busy and messy.

The new shot looks alot cleaner, it has alot less detail and it makes better use of the textures imo.And I kinda like to make rooms with higher ceilings lately.

Altough the new shots are taken in Risen3D with high res textures, its still cool to compare the two.It really shows how much my mapping style/skills have gotten better, I think I have found some balance between everything now.

Anyway I'll shut up now, thanks for the feedback.

TimeOfDeath said:

Should've put a bunch of berzerks in there :(

My fists are tingling already.

dutch devil said:

Altough the new shots are taken in Risen3D ...

Risen 3D hi res always reminds me of System Shock 2.

dutch devil said:

I'm updating an old map I made an few years ago, first an before shot.

And this is how the same area looks now.

The second shot looks to use a much simpler method of detailing, and yet it looks a lot better at the same time. It's amazing how much a little bit of height variation and some moody lighting helps the look of a map. :D

@dutch Devil:Reminds me of the Rhyleh wad

@Zap610:Is Museum really gonna take that long(Scratches chin and thinks about his own project)Nix that,given that it's taken me almost a year to make a 10 lvl wad.*sigh*

Haloless0320 said:

@Zap610:Is Museum really gonna take that long

I would be crazy to give an estimated release date at this time, but I can say that I am pleased with the progress that is being made. I have been pretty vocal about updating progress on zdoom and skulltag but that ultimately was not a wise choice so you might see a random screenshot or two posted here. You can view the wiki page @ http://zdoom.org/wiki/The_Empty_Museum

MasterofDeath....... too much information.

I'm gonna assume that, seeing as the Archvile is flayed, that those are muscles and tendons rather than its crown jewels.

and Planky. That looks interesting. Worth playing around with some more.

Played around with 3D floors a while back, to try and create an apartment building. Kinda boring looking from the front side though, even with the balconies in place.