Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Heh, reminds me of the cardboard cutouts in Super Mario 3D Land. Would be funny if the hud could be programmed to show his ouch face when the fakeness of it comes into view.

Heh, I remember playing a wad from a shovelware CD years ago (like 1994 or 1995) that had one of the cyberdemon sprites converted into a texture. Except when you got up close you could see that it was infinitely thin, and therefore not nearly as interesting as this...

CODOR said:

a wad from a shovelware CD years ago (like 1994 or 1995) that had one of the cyberdemon sprites converted into a texture

Cheese?

Avoozl said:

The colours, they burn.

The burn wounds on your eyes are an integral part of the ZX Spectrum experience.

The music is kinda cool, though, even if a bit repetitive.

I mean, keep what you have with the outdoor areas because it's not massively out of place, since you could very well be on the far outskirts of the city, but it might be an idea to keep outside areas to a minimum.

Obsidian said:

That made me think of a great idea: how about a megasphere that rolls away when you try grab it? X-D

Like in Serious Sam.

Obsidian said:

That made me think of a great idea: how about a megasphere that rolls away when you try grab it? X-D

YES!!

Sodaholic said:

oh dear god what am i doing with my life
[Retina-burning images]
(the sky is a placeholder)

Good heavens, that reminds me of Doom 95 when it's being a bitch. Eargh.

Made a little progress. I'll probably get bored of this eventually, this is just a little diversion project.

Grazza said:
Cheese?

It doesn't look like it, I think I would have found the giant Icon-like skull in that more memorable than anything else. It might have been REACTOR2 but I seem to remember it was a large room where you stumble upon the fake cyberdemon, not a hallway...

Refueling Base WIP shots for Doom 2 in name only project. I'm experimenting with some hangars with sky ceiling - notice that those big SUPPORT3 walls are acutally hangar doors, but only the left one gonna work.

Strange choice of texture for a vat, I would've thought the plain or UAC branded silver metal textures would work better for vats like with the ones in the Spawning Vats map in UDoom.

Doesn't strike me as a bad texture for vats either though. Maybe a different texture other than the brown on the surrounding walkway would help better stand them out.

iori said:

Doesn't strike me as a bad texture for vats either though. Maybe a different texture other than the brown on the surrounding walkway would help better stand them out.

It's the pipes on the texture I reckon which makes it look weird, I just don't think vats would be covered all over with pipes from the inside and out.

Looks cool anyway imo. What this area needs is some horizon lines. If I'm not clear, take a look at this:
[1]
[2]
Isn't [2] like 1000 times better? It feels so much more open. Those things are very important for outdoor areas I think.