Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

I would've probably sneered if you'd suggestion that in person, but as Memfis said, it looks pretty cool. Looks nice and solid.

mrthejoshmon said:

Thanks, now I am just pondering what to put in the text file.

Is this for putting the map on idgames? If so, use this.

Eris Falling said:

Is this for putting the map on idgames? If so, use this.

I am using that, I just wonder what to put in the boxes, I mean how on earth could I whip up a story for this map? who should I credit? that sort of stuff.
Marnetmar: I think thats just the TC, its very dark in zdoom.

Marnetmar said:

Yes, "stop quoting images dumbass" I know...

Seems a little bit dark. Perhaps I goofed something up in the PSX TC's cfg.

Check your OpenGL settings. Something or other is probably set to Dark, try the different options.

mrthejoshmon said:

Thanks, I was thinking about replacing them with the LITE textures or TEKWALL textures, but it didn't look right :/

You have to PM me your HUD for great justice.

Platinum Shell said:

You have to PM me your HUD for great justice.

its not mine, its the FRAGBAR one I picked up off the archive, its decent I'd say.

mrthejoshmon: Some of the salad looks like blue boxing gloves... The COMPOHSO statbar is sort of cool, but looks a bit too busy.

BaronOfStuff: Looks solid, except the small ammo counters. Maybe some new number graphics could work for it too.

I've been working on some hud stuff too, but only inside my mind.. nothing to show yet. I was thinking of doing some mockups soon.

I have finished my second vanilla map, now going for the third (wow, that will be three in less that two weeks!) and attempted to make a red marble status bar, it went pink :(
start point

Dead guy in fountain.

Now this is a strange one, a next to pitch black crate room, I am attempting to have enemies alerted to the player and roam around in there, so far its no good

And an archvile fight in a small room, I am interesting in how this will be recieved:

Those shots look great my friend. You have improved quite considerably I must say. That STBAR looks pretty nice actually apart from the font on the ammo section, I cannot read the font, otherwise it looks great.

thanks, all I can say is I learned from the best :)
as for the stat bar, I an thinking of changing the words into either black or dark red, depends on which looks better.

Yeah, it's pretty garish. Readability issues aside, it's the brightest and most saturated-looking thing on the screen, which doesn't make things easy on the eyes when you're trying to focus on the game window above it. I'd go back to the drawing board and try a darker color.

Hopefully this is easier on the eyes, I doubt it though **

cannonball: Looks good so far, that seems an even few demons there too.

I don't think it will work with red.

IMHO, a lower saturation (closer to gray) should be preferred for the status bar. But the DOOM palette doesn't have much content as red hue with lower saturation.

Cell said:

It's time we started a contest "Who makes the most epic status bar?!"

Careful with your request. Perhaps you meant it on purpose, but 'epic' doesn't always translate into 'playable.' Hehe.

But that does sound like a good idea for a content anyway. :)

Ok, here's some HUD design mockup.. It's got Score, Energy, Health, Shield, Keys/items/whatever and Ammo. I wanted it to be lower height/smaller than the Doom statbar, but maybe then the Energy panel should be on the same level as the others at the bottom.

I also did want to display different ammo types and weapons player has, but I'm not sure how many weapons or ammo types I'll have. Maybe it would be better to display some information on a different inventory type of panel that is only displayed when player press some key.