Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Methinks it looks like a typical DD's layout, heh. Looking forward to the final work.

@kyka, your style reminds me of gothic99. Which has to be my favorite out of the gothic series. good stuff!

dutch devil said:

Map03 of my upcoming Riot Control project, an mapshot for an chance. Only an little bit of editing left to do, then comes all the level testing.
[Image]

Well, i have seen the screens of this map and i think it's gread.
And i see you still use Doom Builder 1, like me. I like the DB1 more because DB2 is just weird and i can't get used to it.

Oh, now i am gonna show to you all maps i made for my upcoming WAD.

MAP03:
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/3879/screenshotdoom200911081.png
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/3879/screenshotdoom200911081.png
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/8813/screenshotdoom200911081s.png

MAP04:
http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/3879/screenshotdoom200911081.png

TomoAlien said:

Well, i have seen the screens of this map and i think it's gread.
And i see you still use Doom Builder 1, like me. I like the DB1 more because DB2 is just weird and i can't get used to it.

Yes I am still using DB1, I don't see any good reason to switch to DB2. I have tried it though, but I prefer the DB1 interface more.

Doubt it. Would require too much work to make it good.
EDIT: I'm surprised none of the resident sprite editors haven't already done it and put it in the Realm667 repo.

Hell yeah! MAP01 in Killing Floor! (No, there weren't stairs there before, but there needed to be a place for the trader)

A couple of shots from one of the two maps Im currently working on..well, acctually its my first maps ever, not counting the first tutorial/learning map

Not done though. Almost no monster placement or anything yet

I think I ventured into deep water though, its starting to get way too big to be my first map haha. Probably should have tried/failed/learned from smaller maps first. Oh well

They look good for a first map attempt. Monster placement usually works better when the architecture is made around the encounters, so make sure you can change it to suit what you're going to put in front of the player. Also it's cool you're using more than the vanilla textures, but getting used to how vanilla textures can go together will help in other maps, especially projects. I'm not sure what I'd be using for random filler edges if I had no SUPPORT3 ;)

Hehe, yeah I know. I fell in love with the CC4 texture wad :P
I`ll probably make a smaller map with vanilla textures when Im finished with this one and the other one.

Think Im gonna make a thread in the wads forum, for some guidance, criticism, and such. Also I wont have to spam this thread ^^

Damn, that looks great for a first map. My first map was hideous and short. And it had a lot of crates.

An E2M4 tribute level I've started working on.

Was replaying DOOM 2 for the millionth time and I accidentally kill the last 2 Arachnotrons at the same time and this was the result.

This was the first time I ever encounter the double-rising bug.

Krispavera said:

If you were really a badass, you'd kill them all at the same time and have it rise 12 times.

You mean like by shooting them with a BFG? :P

Krispavera said:

If you were really a badass, you'd kill them all at the same time and have it rise 12 times.

Actually the maximum is 8 times due to the height of the map.

Heh I am suspecting you just spawned in arachs via console and killed them one by one..

Philnemba said:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/97/skulltag200911091724094.jpg

Spoiler

Nice invisible bfg ;)

EDIT: damnit I forgot it still had img tags -.-

Thread title says:
Post your Doom picture! [but don't quote images]

Alright, my jackass post is complete.

On a lighter note, cool screens guys! I really like the way the majority of these projects are looking. Some of the shots are a bit bare, but improvement is evident. Many of these projects seem to be coming from new blood as well, which is always cool.

Joshy said:

Heh I am suspecting you just spawned in arachs via console and killed them one by one..

BING! BING! BING! We have a winner! Thats precisely what I did there :)

To Krispavera: The platform only raises once if you just use the "kill monsters' command in the console.