Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Thanks alot ;)

I`m in a screenshot-mood, so here are a couple more from other angles/parts of the map. Still kinda bare in some places. I guess I`m 2/3 finished with the layout, so it will be a small map =)

Looking great, darkreaver. :)
These screens remind me of Thy Flesh Consumed somehow, with much more detail of course.

I'm working on a map with a special rule: I'm planning of recording every moments of creating.

The start place will be the recreation of my Minecraft map, which I also built through a recorded Minecraft series.

(work-in-progress)

Katamori said:

I'm working on a map with a special rule: I'm planning of recording every moments of creating.

The start place will be the recreation of my Minecraft map, which I also built through a recorded Minecraft series.

The only problem I have is that it is hinted very strongly that this corridor is set up diagonally.

Memfis said:

It isn't set up diagonally I think. Looks like ADEL_F08 from Requiem:

Exactly! I didn't know that this is from Requiem, but doesn't matter: I use cc4-tex.wad because it's a so universal and big resource =)

This is a rough sketch of V3.0.0 for MAP07 of Doom 2 In Name Only. As you can see, I'm no artist :P

And here is a screenshot of V1 of the same map. I scrapped it because it was too much like the original.

darkreaver: it looks so much like it could be a Heretic level.

and then I thought I'll make a Heretic level as I've noticed I like Heretic more than Doom, and haven't really made any Heretic levels. I think before this I've made like 2 or 3 levels for Heretic with HEU.

http://koti.mbnet.fi/jeejeeje/doom/heretic_e1m1_001.jpg
http://koti.mbnet.fi/jeejeeje/doom/heretic_e1m1_003.jpg

Never could get into Heretic myself. Always thought the level design sucked, especially later in the game, and the monster types are dumb. First episode is fun but I never found it to pick up after that.

I think the levels get better in the later episodes.. as there's more variety in the enemies and more weapons for player.

And this...

DeathevokatioN said:

Except better... ;)

So, you are saying Heretic is better than Doom? A M A kick your f`n ass, bitch.

I might actually be making positive progress on a map, for a change. Keep in mind this WIP, but that's better than what I can say for the past 2 months.

darkreaver said:

So, you are saying Heretic is better than Doom? A M A kick your f`n ass, bitch.

A good kick up the arse might just help motivate him to get back to work! :D

Gez said:

Speaking of Heretic, this is a very nice little level.

I'm happy you liked it Gez, i really want to keep with that episode because i have alot more ideas for the rest of it. the only problem i have is time.

@scalliano: Looking moody. :) My problem with those shots is the lighting. The light poles have a dynamic light around them which fades to darkness and looks nice and swank, but then you have solid sector based lighting on the comp panels and doors. The atmosphere will really improve imo if it was all dynamic light based.

Simon666 said:

Look pretty Natural20!

Indeed!