Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

gemini09 said:

what's the process for making a voxel thing?

is it time consuming?

what programs did you use..?

I use Slab6 to edit/save voxels. Making the voxels in Slab6 is very time consuming, so I make a model and skin it in Milkshape, export it to an md2 and use Poly2Vox to convert it to a voxel model. poly2vox can convert md2 and md3. I have no idea how to set the md2's skin in milkshape, so I use md2tool to set the skin to the model before using Poly2Vox. I only really use Slab6 for touching it up before putting it into the wad with SLADE, which is the only wad editing program I know of that recognizes the format.

Rayzik: Cool! Like the vines stuff hanging there. Makes me think it's some kind of jungle place.

Well, I decided to make another Heretic level... this time it's my view on The Docks. Player enters the city with his boat, and then the boat sinks.. then there's also two vortices.. and now I think, perhaps I should have tried to make the boat sink into a vortex like in Shadow Warrior...

Didn't make more than this yet..

Some nice shots there Jimi, your last heretic level was great so i'm looking forward for this one.

Jimi said:

Didn't make more than this yet..

What you've made looks good so far.

Kind of similar to my current style, in fact.

If there's one suggestion I'd make, try using ORNGRAY on the pillars with the fire statues rather than FLOOR04. It usually works well on small 64x64 decorations of shorter heights, and while it's nice that floor textures and wall textures can be used interchangeably now, some floors are floors for a reason.

Thanks!

Mmmm.. I think I tried ORNGRAY, but thought it looked too fancy. Maybe TMBSTON2, it looks similar, but not so fancy. Well, I'm happy with both TMBSTON2 and FLOOR04...

Hmph.. just noticed that the WATRWAL* textures don't make water splash or floorclip when used as flats, and the FLTFLWW* flats don't have any motion, unless the sector type has one of the Scrolling effects.. which makes the Vortices less dangerous as player needs to touch the water surface, while the Wind effect affects being airborne as well. And player seems to be airborne at the edges of the steps of the Vortices, which slows down player, might even stop the motion...

Although the scrolling effect looks nicer than I thought it would..

the 64 grid sounds like a really good exercise. all the shots posted on this page look really really fantastic btw

Katamori said:

64 grid challange? I like this idea!

The first thing that comes to my mind is the Wolfenstein 3D layout.

LkMax said:

As you can see in Memphis's shots, there's absolutely no reason for a map restricted to a 64 grid to look anything like Wolfy.

LkMax said:

that reminds me
hey guys i have this cool idea for a new project i think i'm gonna post a thread in wads n mods, it's where you can only use the 128-size grid for vertices and things and there is NO height variation allowed at all

Tango said:

that reminds me
hey guys i have this cool idea for a new project i think i'm gonna post a thread in wads n mods, it's where you can only use the 128-size grid for vertices and things and there is NO height variation allowed at all

And lines too!

Some great screens on this page. Good stuff guys.

darkreaver said:

Ok, last screens from this map, I PROMISE ;P I just really like the atmosphere I got in this one.

Last screens? No. Boo. Hiss. I mean, unless you are releasing the actual map soon, then Yaaay!

Tango said:

that reminds me

So unless you make a large room, all the things are going to be stuck in walls?

My 4th map of my new project is almost ready, I have to add ammo and difficulty settings and then it should be ready.
It used to be the 1st map of my previous project and it was a bit hard, now It's even harder.

Map 04- Ambush
http://i.imgur.com/jxxYE.png

The pain elementals&lost souls are gone but there should be like 80-90 dead monsters there.
The worse part is that you are stuck there for a few minutes (thanks to the floor lowers to lowest floor action) and you don't have a bfg so it won't be easy.

Memfis said:

Screen from 131.wad. (http://jord.nm.ru/doom/) Awesome idea with that sign! Makes you happy. :D

[image]

edit: omg I love this guy

[image]

gnnnnnnnnnhhhh..... can't...... open.....rocket.....boxes........

ForeverVile, your stuff is gettting better. Nice screen. :)

That made me think of a great idea: how about a megasphere that rolls away when you try grab it? X-D