Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Post your Doom picture! [read the image-posting rules in the FAQ]
Pages (488): « First ... « 284 285 286 [287] 288 289 290 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 05:24. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ComicMischief

Goatlord, those look great. I love the Quake textures in general, they work really well. :)

Old Post 11-15-12 19:32 #
ComicMischief is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya

BloodyAcid said:
Holy fack that gamma is high.

No it is'nt

Old Post 11-15-12 19:43 #
joe-ilya is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic
I feel justified yet disgusted with myself at the same time

joe-ilya said:
No it is'nt

You're kidding, right? It looks like the screen's been raped with bleach. If that gamma doesn't look high to you, get a monitor that isn't dying.

Old Post 11-15-12 19:52 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Impboy4

esselfortium said:

It looks nearly like you selected the building in an image editor and painted over all the walls with a solid color. Do you have evenlighting enabled or something?

I had fake contrast off when taking these pics.

Last edited by Impboy4 on 11-16-12 at 15:57

Old Post 11-15-12 22:54 #
Impboy4 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
walter confalonieri

http://i.imgur.com/9diUy.png

always from mine music themed map, now finished.

Old Post 11-17-12 00:23 #
walter confalonieri is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
InsanityBringer

Impboy4 said:
I had fake contrast off when taking these pics.
Would probably help if you turned it on. Would probably also help if you added some shadows to the building and the cliffs. It would help give a higher sense of depth, which it currently lacks.

Old Post 11-17-12 00:55 #
InsanityBringer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

Previously (God knows when...) I posted a shot about a WIP map where the player must escape on building roofs in a town.

Well, I worked a bit more on the map and it's becoming better and better I think. =)

http://i.imgur.com/k10fm.jpg

CYBERCRAFT: A cyberpunk RPG for LÖVE

Old Post 11-17-12 15:55 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
joe-ilya

Sodaholic said:

You're kidding, right? It looks like the screen's been raped with bleach. If that gamma doesn't look high to you, get a monitor that isn't dying.

what do you mean by "dying"?

Old Post 11-17-12 19:02 #
joe-ilya is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Cell

joe-ilya said:

Which I assume is in better condition than the average bear.

Old Post 11-17-12 20:18 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord
I really should think before I post.

walter confalonieri: Looks great, love the texturing and cramped spacing. Good use of crates without getting carried away.

Katamori: Great take on the city theme! How did you do the cross?

joe-ilya: If your monitor is "dying," then it's dimming and unable to get brighter.

http://img607.imageshack.us/img607/1166/doomal.jpg

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8798/doomb.jpg

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/4455/doomc.jpg

Old Post 11-17-12 20:22 #
GoatLord is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

joe-ilya said:

I mean it's been used so much that it's getting really dark. Ideally, you shouldn't have to be using any gamma correction at all, if you do need to, you need to get a brighter monitor.

Old Post 11-17-12 20:58 #
Sodaholic is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

Sodaholic said:

You and BloodyAcid are kidding, right? It looks normal to me.

Old Post 11-17-12 21:03 #
printz is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Eris Falling
Forum Staple

printz said:

It's not, that's way too bright.

Old Post 11-17-12 21:05 #
Eris Falling is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Katamori
Forum Staple

GoatLord said:
[B]Katamori: Great take on the city theme! How did you do the cross

Thanks! To be honest, if was more successfull than I' expected. =)

The right and left parts of the cross are aligned middle textures =)

Old Post 11-17-12 21:07 #
Katamori is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Sodaholic

printz said:

What? Of course I'm not kidding, that shit's blinding. Honestly, how dark is your monitor?

Old Post 11-17-12 21:12 #
Cell

Sodaholic said:

What? Of course I'm not kidding, that shit's blinding. Honestly, how dark is your monitor?

Well, from my point of view, this is not due to a dying monitor, this is due to the high gamma of the original Doom II.

Old Post 11-17-12 21:39 #
Cell is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Katamori said:
Previously (God knows when...) I posted a shot about a WIP map where the player must escape on building roofs in a town.

Well, I worked a bit more on the map and it's becoming better and better I think. =)

http://i.imgur.com/k10fm.jpg

That's cool, I've had a similar idea for a deathmatch map that I've been kicking around; except it'll be using 3d floors and whatnot too :)

Old Post 11-17-12 22:06 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

Me versing over 3,000 Cyberdemon...oh shiiiit.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262177_326645970776176_1074694903_n.png

Last edited by Netherstorm on 11-17-12 at 22:41

Old Post 11-17-12 22:34 #
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord

I'd like to see more people doing directional shadows. I can't be the only mapper implementing them.

Old Post 11-17-12 22:40 #
GoatLord is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GoatLord

Katamori said:
Thanks! To be honest, if was more successfull than I' expected. =)

The right and left parts of the cross are aligned middle textures =)

But won't it look weird if you're under it and look up?

Old Post 11-17-12 22:41 #
Katamori
Forum Staple

Nomad said:
That's cool, I've had a similar idea for a deathmatch map that I've been kicking around; except it'll be using 3d floors and whatnot too :)

Thanks! My idea came from the Russian megaWAD "A.L.T." which was organized by my friend, Lainos - there was a map called "Death from Above" with similar concept. My first attempt was an ugly copy of that map, but since I improved almost every elements of the map and I think, it became unique =)

This map should be Vanilla-compatible but it won't be because of the massive overflow which creates a lot of HOMs that makes it almost unplayable...and I don't want to make the map simplier because it's beautiful I think.

GoatLord said:
But won't it look weird if you're under it and look up?

Yes, but I don't have to deal with it as far as it will be a Boom-compatible map. =) also, all the places will be far from the cross, except the streets, but there will be serious damage in case if you fall down =)

CYBERCRAFT: A cyberpunk RPG for LÖVE

Old Post 11-17-12 23:50 #
Sodaholic

Cell said:
Well, from my point of view, this is not due to a dying monitor, this is due to the high gamma of the original Doom II.

Dude, Doom 2's default gamma was 1.0. That screenshot looks like it's at 4.0 or higher.

EDIT: holy crap, the screenshot looks normal when I view it with my iPhone. On my PC, it's washed out and bright. Odd...

Last edited by Sodaholic on 11-18-12 at 00:03

Old Post 11-17-12 23:58 #
mouldy

A couple of new pics of my new map, think its just about ready to be unleashed.

http://i.cr3ation.co.uk/dl/s1/jpg/847032b8a331def77529b6a0384db1fe_doomtower3.jpg

http://i.cr3ation.co.uk/dl/s1/jpg/847032b8a331def77529b6a0384db1fe_doomtower2.jpg

Can anyone recommend a fitting midi track to go with such apocalyptic surroundings?

Old Post 11-18-12 00:53 #
mouldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Gez
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Why not Deadlight, Day's End, or Grand Design? (click on "other music")

Old Post 11-18-12 01:08 #
Gez is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Netherstorm

mouldy said:
Can anyone recommend a fitting midi track to go with such apocalyptic surroundings?

First of all, excellent job with your map, it looks very nice. Now with the midi, I suggest this: http://www.mediafire.com/?7lyp4bysrglhf9r. If you recognize it, it is from the KILLER.wad.

Last edited by Netherstorm on 11-18-12 at 01:40

Old Post 11-18-12 01:16 #
Netherstorm is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Phml
Forum Staple

Sodaholic said:
EDIT: holy crap, the screenshot looks normal when I view it with my iPhone. On my PC, it's washed out and bright. Odd...

Ditto. Weird.

Old Post 11-18-12 01:31 #
Phml is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Lüt
Administrator

mouldy said:
TNT.wad (Evilution) map29 music usually works well for settings like the ones you've been posting.

It could get redundant if it's an incredibly lengthy map though.

Sodaholic said:
That's because the .JPG is actually a .PNG with an incorrect extension. Save it and change the extension to make it display normally.

Old Post 11-18-12 01:36 #
Lüt is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
mouldy

cheers for the music suggestions folks, some excellent choices

Old Post 11-18-12 01:59 #
mouldy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
BloodyAcid

Might I recommend a more suitable sky? The default just doesn't cut it.

Old Post 11-18-12 05:17 #
BloodyAcid is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ribbiks

a slaughter map in progress:

http://i.imgur.com/WCkKKl.jpg

Old Post 11-18-12 07:45 #
Ribbiks is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote