Baron of Hell
User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]
Pages (521): « First ... « 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 » ... Last »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:23. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

An Zdoom map I am trying to complete, ignore the sky I'm using the CC4 resource wad I still need to create an skybox.

Old Post Jun 27 2008 22:35 #
Dutch Doomer is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium
A Major Doomworld Concern

Looks good to me :)

Old Post Jun 28 2008 00:35 #
esselfortium is online now Twitter account Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Stephen312
Warming Up

Void:

Last edited by Stephen312 on Jun 28 2008 at 23:58

Old Post Jun 28 2008 03:04 #
Stephen312 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Tango

dutch devil said:
An Zdoom map I am trying to complete, ignore the sky I'm using the CC4 resource wad I still need to create an skybox.

Is that a remake of anything by any chance?

Old Post Jun 29 2008 04:06 #
Tango is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Dutch Doomer
Forum Staple

Yes an remake of one of my own maps, I'm stuck with my CC4 map so I do this to get into that mapping flow again.

Old Post Jun 29 2008 14:35 #
Dutch Doomer is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Stephen312
Warming Up

dutch devil said:
Yes an remake of one of my own maps, I'm stuck with my CC4 map so I do this to get into that mapping flow again.

It's "a remake", not "an remake". Also, I hope you finish up your CC4 map.

Old Post Jun 29 2008 16:07 #
Stephen312 is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kyka
Loser

Wow... awesome looking images there people....

TomoAlien... keep up the good work... the screen there is as good as the first level of HR... keep going.

Esselfortium... that is fabulous screens. you have there.

Rottkind and dutchdevil.... nice.

Dammit, now I'm all inspired and am going to have to go back to my editor and work some more... and I've already been doing it all day.....

P.S.

<-- will detail levels for food

Last edited by Kyka on Jun 29 2008 at 16:50

Old Post Jun 29 2008 16:41 #
Kyka is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Deeforce
Forum Regular

This is Das Labor with the 10x wad combined... You will have a frame rate of 1 frame per 2 seconds :-P ... Im waiting for a better computer to handle this :-/ !

Old Post Jun 29 2008 17:25 #
Deeforce is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kyka
Loser

Ok people.......

Here are my all time favourite "dead" screenshots.

The first image is from Kama Sutra lvl 28.

The other two are from level 7 of my own little project.

I especially like the last one where the spectre is standing on my corpse... :P

Last edited by Kyka on Jun 29 2008 at 18:09

Old Post Jun 29 2008 18:03 #
Tango

dutch devil said:

Altar of Evil? :D

Old Post Jun 29 2008 18:37 #
Tango is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Stephen312
Warming Up

Here is a secret I found in Demons of Problematique:

Old Post Jul 1 2008 03:25 #
Kyka
Loser

"HEY THERE RODENT..... CAN YOU SPELL EXTINCTION"

Well why else would you be pointing a double barrel shotty a a poor defenceless.... whatever it is. Squirrel..?

Last edited by Kyka on Jul 2 2008 at 04:03

Old Post Jul 2 2008 03:16 #
Cybermaarten
Green Marine

Shots from the map I'm currently working on, the sequel to MP Alpha Base.

Old Post Jul 2 2008 07:37 #
Cybermaarten is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vader

Eternity map I'm working on:

Linked portals FTW!

I need to work on the light levels a bit more... currently it's all relatively dark.

Old Post Jul 2 2008 14:11 #
Vader is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium

Vader said:
Eternity map I'm working on

That looks absolutely beautiful.

Old Post Jul 2 2008 16:38 #
esselfortium is online now Twitter account Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Kyka
Loser

Cybermaarten your level looks wonderful... I like it a lot.

As does yours Vader.

And dont even get me started on some of your levels dutch devil...

Keep it up guys....

Old Post Jul 3 2008 00:39 #
Butts

ok everyone has thoroughly impressed me with all their screens. good work. vader, you have completely obliterated the standards and set the bar even higher. one day i hope to achieve the same level of mapping that you have.

Old Post Jul 3 2008 19:48 #
Butts is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Vader

Wow, thanks guys :)

@Butts: The map you detailed for Greenwar2 looks quite impressive, so I'd say your'e on the right way :P

Old Post Jul 5 2008 00:50 #
Vader is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium

heh

Old Post Jul 5 2008 02:02 #
StupidBunny

A level[set] I'm working on. It has some new textures and music and such, but I'm not very far through it at all.

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k.../DOOM0012-1.png

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k.../DOOM0019-1.png

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k...ch/DOOM0016.png

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k...ch/DOOM0015.png

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k...ch/DOOM0013.png

Also, just for shits and giggles here's a few screenshots from the very first set of maps I ever made. At least I have the good sense to not actually upload the WAD. ;P

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k...ch/DOOM0007.png

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k.../DOOM0005-2.png

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k.../DOOM0000-1.png

Old Post Jul 5 2008 02:11 #
StupidBunny is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Csonicgo

esselfortium said:
heh

.....how... the hell did you do that? :O

Old Post Jul 5 2008 02:35 #
Csonicgo is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium

Ancient Chinese secret.

Er, it's a very simple trick actually. A Boom trick that I sort of adapted to vanilla :)

Old Post Jul 5 2008 02:37 #
Mechadon

Dammit essel we all know your awesome...stop showing off >:|

Old Post Jul 5 2008 04:08 #
Mechadon is offline Twitter account Youtube Twitch || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Aw man. I'm supposed to be able to figure out that kind of crap. You're mean, Essel.

I see that the edges of the pool jut out one map unit into the water, showing that this effect is half created by green-tinted metal and rock textures. But, the slime's "surface" can't be flat-related as I've never heard of partially transparent flat tricks in Doom, it can't be part of the green-tinted textures as the surface's features would look wrong from any other angle, it certainly can't have anything to do with things, as you don't have the spare frames or a sprite-rendering limit high enough to render a thousand floating pixel sprites, and it can't be floating middle textures because any configuration of those that would look okay from any angle would have far too many lines for vanilla!

Therefore, via the process of elimination, I can only conclude that this is Esselmagic. That, or this is just an Eternity portal and he's totally lying.

Old Post Jul 5 2008 04:12 #
Creaphis is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium

There's another similarly-named screenshot in the same folder, taken in Eternity, to show how it looks in hi-res. It will probably shed some more light on its workings. (It's really quite simple!)

Old Post Jul 5 2008 04:23 #
Creaphis
I will deliberately take a contrary position just for the sake of writing incredibly long arguments

Pfff. Some trick. If I changed the light value of the slime by even 1 it would stop working!

Old Post Jul 5 2008 04:45 #
Creaphis is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
exp(x)

Why the hell do I really want to play KDiKDiZD even though I hate KDiZD?

Old Post Jul 5 2008 04:45 #
exp(x) is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
esselfortium

Creaphis said:
Pfff. Some trick. If I changed the light value of the slime by even 1 it would stop working!

That is why you do not do that :P
(edit: actually i don't think that'd cause any problems at all. it still looks right with idbeholdl, since the textures' brightness changes too, of course.)

exp(x) said:
Why the hell do I really want to play KDiKDiZD even though I hate KDiZD?

Because you do not hate KDiZD, rather you hate yourself :'(

Last edited by esselfortium on Jul 5 2008 at 05:37

Old Post Jul 5 2008 05:01 #
Butts

im honestly baffled at how you did that, essel.

Old Post Jul 5 2008 06:20 #
Butts is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
printz
CRAZY DUMB ZEALOT

The way the pillar 'reflects' itself, in a much longer image than above, makes me think of the missing-texture/flat-bleeding effect. Maybe the frames of the metal texture on the outside border of the pool are achieved with 'floating' middle textures. And the thing levitation is rendered with a 'self-referencing' sector.

As for StupidBunny's photos: the first five look a lot like TNT: Evilution or Star Wars. The last three are more Doom 2-like. I wouldn't suggest you to remove the Wolfenstein textured one, no I wouldn't.

Old Post Jul 5 2008 07:30 #
printz is online now Twitter account Youtube Github || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote