Ouchface
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Weapons in Doom mods

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 11:40. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

Hey all, what weapons in Doom mods would you a) like to see, b)NOT want to see, c)think should be in every mod?

Me personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a nuclear warhead weapon, or some kind of freeze ray that ACTUALLY freezes. Weapons I would NOT like to see are really stupid things, like crosses and peace symbols. And I think that the ALiens Pulse Rifle and Smartgun should be in EVERY mod...so should a minigun :P

Old Post 06-23-01 18:19 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
pilottobombadier
Stained Class King

yeah, but Shadow Warrior isn't Doom, and neither is Puke Nukem 3d...Which is why I would like to see this stuff in Doom.

Old Post 06-23-01 22:21 #
pilottobombadier is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

If you play as the mage in Hexen, you can freeze things. OK, it's still not doom, but it's a bit closer. With some source ports moving towards/already supporting Hexen, it might be a simple hack, for those that know how, to make it work in doom.

To complete the effect, frozen enemy sprites and so on would be needed too. Or perhaps some way of using the grey colours in the palette to make them look icy using the existing sprites.

Mind you, I'm no programmer, so what would I know?

Old Post 06-23-01 22:58 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
ShadyXMR
I'm a Slave 4 U

Preferably some weapons that don't replace other weapons, but add on to them, like SkullTag and how it has #6 as plasma rifle and rail gun. The big thing for guns is strategy and diversity. The guns should be very different from each other. And for the pure killing pleasure of some of us, it might be enjoyable to see a quadruple barrel shotgun and a double barrel chaingun.

Old Post 06-24-01 06:51 #
ShadyXMR is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
deathz0r
Bitch fuckin' stole me chaingun!

Me personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a nuclear warhead weapon
Two Words: UAC Resurrecion.

Old Post 06-24-01 11:35 #
deathz0r is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote