Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BarakaJack

monsters

unrelated i know but does anyone here know how to control the doom monsters? Some guy made a video called humping on youtube showing him as a revenant and i want to know how he does it

That is just a skin. If you look well the revenant is using the first frame of the rocket shooting animation, not the fisting animation of the Revenant.
In DOOM when you use fists or chainsaw the skin only shows the first frame of the attack animation. If this was a real revenant, the whole punching animation would be used.

That, and a Revenant would not require three punches in order to kill a shotgun guy.

If you want to play like a monster, you can give yourself the health of the monster you want (give health ##), lower your speed with the turbo command, and bind a key to the summon command related with the projectile of the monster you want (as a sample "summon baronfireball"). That, and use the "fly" cheat if you want to replicate a flying monster.
Of course some monsters are impossible to replicate on this way, and also some properties like "mass" "height" "width", would require you to use dehacked or DECORATE.

Yeah...I think that doing a Lost Soul, for instance, would be impossible. And if you tried playing as a Pain Elemental, I think that the lost souls would attack you. But at some point I think it would be cool to make a bunch of skins for accurate monster replacements...

I actually made a lost soul class. The player was able to fly around and have a modified fist attack that had the recoil of -50.

oh wait, are we talking about skins only?

Yes, summon a shotgunguy, and a revenant as a friend. The Revenant will finish him with one or two hits.

Vegeta said:

Yes, summon a shotgunguy, and a revenant as a friend. The Revenant will finish him with one or two hits.

Oops, didn't know the RNG was different in ZDoom than in vanilla.  That would make a difference!  My bad.

StupidBunny said:

And if you tried playing as a Pain Elemental, I think that the lost souls would attack you.

No. Summonfriend. BTW, this thread is very helpful! May be an answer for Doom Rampage mark II.

ZDoom Classes: hell, yeah!

I'd really really like to play as an immortal ghost-like lost soul in virtual Doom life.