Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Buckshot

Selling my Complete ID ANTHOLOGY collectors box set for sale -- $225!

Maybe you should sue him, or tell his friends what he did to you.

* Snip several pages of links to his friends' social networking pages *

IDGames said:

Maybe you should sue him, or tell his friends what he did to you.

* Snip several pages of links to his friends' social networking pages *

Please don't do that again. Thanks.

Anyway, all I can say is that Buckshot is legit as far as I know, as he sent me RTCW as a secret santa present several years back. It's odd that he isn't replying to you.

He was on IRC on #remood several days ago. If I see him again I'll certainly mention this.

He lied to me, he said he got many IDAnthology when I told him I googled and found another guy "buying" the item.
He lied to me about UPS and never send me the ticket number.
6 month laters he was still talking about nearly sending the item !

It seems easy to take money from many international buyers and not send anything ! Sueing is expensive, who will pay a lawyer 500$ to get back 200$ ??
Good luck for me, my new gf's uncle is a lawyer and is ok to help me for free.
Anyway I don't like stabbing in the back as all the court expenses will be at his charge if he lose, and it could be a lot of money for some childish internet tactics to rip off money.
It could be easy to be tempted to act this way (easy money... ripping off "virtual stranger guy from far far away..."), and I hope he'll realise his error, so I mailed him on facebook with a last chance to give me my money back before I see my gf's uncle.

TimeOfDeath said:

Please don't do that again. Thanks.

Very witty.

When I wrote that post, I had no reason to think he wasn't legit. If I have misled someone into buying something from a scammer, I'm deeply sorry.

Regardless of whatever Buckshot has done, Doomworld is not the place for childish "dropping docs". Go to 4chan if you want to harass people.

Maybe the Secret Santa stuff to fraggle was an assurance if he did plan on ripping people off. You earn people's trusts first then you backstab em!

Also, like what eBay says, never pay to someone you don't know or have any reason to trust and pay them outside of eBay or whatever. Two people scammed me on eBay, one item was $80, another was $2, but regardless I got my money back both cases. Buyer protection is good.

GhostlyDeath said:

Maybe the Secret Santa stuff to fraggle was an assurance if he did plan on ripping people off. You earn people's trusts first then you backstab em!

I'm pretty sure that isn't the case. The secret santa thing was something like 6-7 years ago now, it would have to be a pretty long-running plan.

I've sent Mekka proof that others have received their id anthology that i've shipped to them. One gentlemen in the netherlands was shipped his, and did not receive it for nearly 4 months later (all confirmed by bank account USPS statements from date to the date received via that purchasers email verification)

Yes, there were multiple, and yes, I did not mention this to take different offers on prices.

I have no problem paying back Mekka, but I need for him to confirm with his post office to make absolutely sure its not sitting around somewhere, thats what happened with the gentleman from the netherlands. If its not there, I'm going to file a claim with USPS and request a refund of the item shipped.

USPS (united states postal service) also does not provide tracking numbers for international shipments, because they do not track it once it leaves the country, so they dont even bother.

Fraggle, I've sent the same emails to you as I did to Mekka.

As it appears this became a witch hunt against me on only one side of the story, I suggest this thread be locked as I am attempting to get Mekka to reach me via phone.

I'm not going to close the thread but I will ask that we give Buckshot the benefit of the doubt. I've certainly had shipping problems in the past with things bought online, it can be particularly problematic with International shipments. Plus, he's said if it doesn't arrive he's happy to pay mekka back.

I've seen the emails he's sent, he's clearly sold Id Anthology boxes to other people who have received them successfully. Obviously that doesn't help mekka who hasn't received his, but it should at least give some confidence that he's not a scammer.

Sorry for jumping the gun - I still don't have my "douchebag" custom title that I asked for. But still, apparently it's been over a year since mekka paid. Is it true that the item wasn't mailed out 6 months after he paid for it?

What is true is this... Th

I have given USPS (not UPS) an INSANE amount of time to get the package to him, but technically its not USPS once it leaves the states.

In this case, and let this be heard... I am proposing the following to Mekka (who i still want to speak to over the phone)

I want him to double check with his postmaster. If the postmaster cannot find the package, I can submit a USPS claim and hope they honor it.

If his postmaster does not have the package, he will be paid his $200 on this date EXACTLY: October 2, 2009 to his paypal account

That way, at least he can get his funds back while i wait on shitty fucking USPS. If his postmaster does not have the package, then that would be my next paycheck date, and would be able to pay him back since I would expect reimbursement from USPS within 90 days.

Let that be known to the admins on doomworld, and to mekka himself.

The only thing i dont understand is why, if the package has not been received, a paypal claim was not made on his behalf. They would have reimbursed him, even if the package had or had not arrived, and paypal would have just charged the seller. (this techinically would be thrown out in a courtroom as far as any lawsuit goes and left to paypal to decide since it is a paypal matter....)

-Buckshot "Justin Strunk"

Jodwin said:

It really sucks if that was just a trick, but at the same time, it should be suspicious to see someone selling something for a quarter of its potential value (assuming you really could get $1000 for the anthology on ebay). :(

I really doubt, that you can get $1000 for this now. The last id Anthologies i've seen, don't go over 300. And even this is really expensive.

Buckshot said:

I have given USPS (not UPS) an INSANE amount of time to get the package to him, but technically its not USPS once it leaves the states.

Right, the USPS tracing ends, when the package hits the foreign customer clearance. After that, it isn't traceable anymore.

Justin replied to me and now that communication is re-established, I hope all of this will be ok soon.

About that :

Buckshot said:
The only thing i dont understand is why, if the package has not been received, a paypal claim was not made on his behalf. They would have reimbursed him, even if the package had or had not arrived, and paypal would have just charged the seller. (this techinically would be thrown out in a courtroom as far as any lawsuit goes and left to paypal to decide since it is a paypal matter....)

Easy :
1) I hoped you were sincere and we are just two lazy people (me for not mailing you everyday until I got the package, and you sort of "oh fuck, I still not sent it... I'll do tommorow...")
2) I ticked "Gift" for my paypal payment and not whatever you have to tick to say it's money for a selling, so a claim to paypal about a "gift" would have looked a bit suspicious.

Let's hope the package is somewhere in a post office in France, I'll tell you as soon as you tell me to which adress you sent it (as I gave you 3), but that's weird they didn't contact me about it after more than 6 months.

Tip: NEVER use USPS for international shipments! I've sent things to other country's and it took months for them to receive it. The receiver actually had to go down to their "post office" and pay a fee to get the item. The next time I sent something, I sent it through FedEx and they received it in a couple weeks or less with no fee.

I guess, that depends from where you live. In germany it's 7 days after they send you a notification. If it is in customer clearance it is 2 weeks, if i remember correctly.

I never received anything from the post office. And when something is not claimed (here it's 15days), it's sent back to the sender and he has to pay for the travel back. It didn't happened.

I gave 3 adresses to Justin : my office (nothing arrived, 100% sure), my previous apartment (now it's a friend living there, he should have told me, I told him about the problem) and my new apartment (here, nothing received).

mkfanatic said:

The receiver actually had to go down to their "post office" and pay a fee to get the item.

Having to go pick up your packet is just normal in many places around the world, but having to pay a fee has usually got to do with customs (again the actual procedure varies). From my experience, the more expensive shipping you use (courier services, EMS...), the more likely your package is to catch the customs officers' attention.

Besides, when sending international shipment, the postal service in the receiver's country won't give a damn what service you used to send your parcel (unless you're using a courier service with full door-to-door service, of course).

Jodwin said:
Having to go pick up your packet is just normal in many places around the world, but having to pay a fee has usually got to do with customs (again the actual procedure varies). From my experience, the more expensive shipping you use (courier services, EMS...), the more likely your package is to catch the customs officers' attention.

Yeah, I used to live in the country and had to go a long way by train to another town to get boxes shipped to me. Now that I'm in a big city I only have to drive a short way in such a case, though.

Jodwin said:

Besides, when sending international shipment, the postal service in the receiver's country won't give a damn what service you used to send your parcel (unless you're using a courier service with full door-to-door service, of course).

Well, if you use a company like DHL and Schenker, they will take care of your package all the way and you'll get to pick it up at a different drop-off point than your usual post office parcels.

At least that's my experience with international shipping.
I've never sent anything though. Just received. So I don't know how the Swedish postal service would deal with international shipping if I were to send something to America for instance.

mkfanatic said:

Tip: NEVER use USPS for international shipments! I've sent things to other country's and it took months for them to receive it. The receiver actually had to go down to their "post office" and pay a fee to get the item. The next time I sent something, I sent it through FedEx and they received it in a couple weeks or less with no fee.

Oh shit, I bought some Japanese Super Nintendo games off of Ebay last Saturday, and the guy is shipping them by Snail Mail from Japan. Looks like I've got a long wait, and I'm not a patient person.

Would the post office call you if the package arrived? Or would you have to call and ask?

Mattfrie1 said:

Oh shit, I bought some Japanese Super Nintendo games off of Ebay last Saturday, and the guy is shipping them by USPS from Japan (USPS is regular snail mail, right?). Looks like I've got a long wait, and I'm not a patient person.

He's not going to be sending anything by USPS, he's sending it by Japan Post. USPS just takes care of delivering it to you once it arrives to the States. How long a "normal" international shipment usually takes depends on whether it's sent by regular first class air mail or in second class. Usually first class mail leaves the sender's country as soon as possible (A day to a few days...though when ordering CDs from Japan via first class air mail, I usually get them in two-three days), but second class takes normally about two weeks, sometimes even longer. Whatever happens once it's in your country, again, is an other issue which you yourself probably know the best.

@kristus: DHL and Schenker are examples of courier services with full door-to-door services. :P

mekka, I'm working on finding the piece of paper i wrote down your address on... I found the half the paperwork for the one sold in the netherlands (just a little slip from USPS), and partial paperwork from the one I sold to a guy in Ukraine (which took him nearly 8 months to receive), and I'm just trying to find which address it was shipped to because i keep (well, try to) most of my shipping paperwork together... i sell things on craigslists and anandtech from time to time...

I moved alot of boxes of crap from my apartment into my friends garage since i was running out of space over the past year, so its likely in one of the fireproof boxes there. Going there tonight to sift through it. Should have the exact address by tonight or tommorow.

I now say:
and the guy is shipping them by Snail Mail from Japan.

Fix'd it myself. I hate it when I'm wrong about something of that nature.

Thanks for the Info Jodwin, Not sure where you live, but having anything shipped from Japan to Rhode Island is going to take a long time anyway. I hate being in an out of the way spot when it comes to importing.

kristus said:

Well, if you use a company like DHL and Schenker, they will take care of your package all the way and you'll get to pick it up at a different drop-off point than your usual post office parcels.

DHL is a subsidiary of the german postal service, and Schenker a subsidiary of the german federal railways. Germany ftw. :-D

Mattfrie1 said:

Oh shit, I bought some Japanese Super Nintendo games off of Ebay last Saturday, and the guy is shipping them by Snail Mail from Japan. Looks like I've got a long wait, and I'm not a patient person.

It can take a long time. I got some stuff from there, which took 2-4 weeks to arrive. Japan to germany, which is a little bit longer way as from Japan to the united states.

cybdmn said:

It can take a long time. I got some stuff from there, which took 2-4 weeks to arrive. Japan to germany, which is a little bit longer way as from Japan to the united states.

If you're using any kind of air mail, the distance between the two countries doesn't matter, because a postal plane moves pretty damn fast. :P (obviously "surface mail" is different) What might matter is whether there are postal planes going directly between your country and the other country, or does the parcel need to first go to some other country. I'm 100 % sure there's a direct postal connection between all "big" countries, including Japan, USA and Germany. However, for example sending airmail from Japan to Somalia can take longer because the packet might have to go through some other country.

The reason it took 2-4 weeks is most likely because it was sent as second class mail, which means it'll be put on the postal plane only once there's enough space for "less urgent" mail.

Jodwin said:

I'm 100 % sure there's a direct postal connection between all "big" countries, including Japan, USA and Germany. However, for example sending airmail from Japan to Somalia can take longer because the packet might have to go through some other country.

'cept coming from Japan, it wouldnt have to cross any countries beacuse Somalia borders the African east coast shoreline.

That's IF your package wasn't pilfered around the Gulf of Aden by pirates... yarrrrr.

That's software piracy in it's purest form. :D

While I've had a few international postal items fail to arrive - fortunately nothing precious - that's not as annoying to me as having items damaged in transit through being inadequately packaged or arriving by surface mail when I'd paid for airmail.