Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AvengeR

end the e1m8 without dying (doom1)

1. There's a difference between redesigning the whole game and adding a new monster.

2. Final DOOM wasn't made by id, it was an add-on level package made by Team TNT and Dario & Milo Casali. The Ultimate DOOM was an upgrade to the existing DOOM.

The Ultimate DOOM was to DOOM1 what Final DOOM was to DOOM2, probably even less. Final DOOM had more levels and indeed had some new art and music.

Redesigning the whole game was just metaphoric. None of the ID games expansion packs (the ones to DOOM, Heretic and Hexen) introduced anything new to the game it "expanded". So I learned to accept that it's the way it should have been.

How can you say E3 looks better E4? Sinner.

E4 reminded me of the Doom 2 levels. I admit that some levels were pretty, but others were ugly as Hell.

Hm, maybe it's because I didn't play Ultimate Doom before Quake (1) was out - at that time I was so used to Doom's level design.

And btw E4 wasn't made by id and didn't have the same "Doom" feel to it - sinner ;).

You're wrong. Ultimate DOOM was an upgrade to DOOM 1, Final DOOM was just two megawads, ***released separately***.

Well once they made a great first episode, they knew people would buy the next two (now three), so they didn't have to worry about making those quite as good.

Even though they're better.

DAMMIT LüT!!!!!! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!!!!

end the e1m8...

Ya know, the reminds me of an episode of Let's Bowl on Comedy Central. One of the commentators was visiting this old bowling alley, and the owner was some old country fart that didn't know jack shit about computers today. He made a comment about how people could get computers "on the online" and that they could be "e-mailed" to them. The rest rolls from there.