• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Post your Doom video! [but don't quote video]

yakfak said:

from a one-hour wad building compo at battleofthebits.org
running in doom2.exe in pixel blargle blargle mode

I know, the invulnrosphere makes it too easy, but some of the players there are even more n00bish than me :3~

There's still time for doing anything for this? And there's some rules to follow for this contest?

Also, i found really interesting the betas of doom2 video!

The final part of my playthrough for Scypek's first ever megawad; 100th Wave. Overall a quirky and interesting mish-mesh of ideas.

This video shows how to kill the final boss of Doom II with a hitscan attack. It can also be done with the pistol or the shotgun. I saw it one time in a TAS, I wonder if someone could do a speedrun using this trick that could be faster than the ones done with the three-rockets-in-a-row trick. That makes Tyson speedruns possible in this map. People thought it was impossible to do it before this trick was discovered.

axdoom1 said:

This video shows how to kill the final boss of Doom II with a hitscan attack. It can also be done with the pistol or the shotgun. I saw it one time in a TAS, I wonder if someone could do a speedrun using this trick that could be faster than the ones done with the three-rockets-in-a-row trick. That makes Tyson speedruns possible in this map. People thought it was impossible to do it before this trick was discovered.

http://youtu.be/unA4suMiu0g

TIL that the explosions the Icon of Sin makes can kill you.

Shadow Hog said:

TIL that the explosions the Icon of Sin makes can kill you.

The level still ends after the player's death, so it counts as if the level was completed successfully. It's not shown in the video.

axdoom1 said:

The level still ends after the player's death, so it counts as if the level was completed successfully.

I'm aware of death exits, thanks; they're used frequently enough in WADs like Scythe or Epic 2. I wasn't aware of what I cited.

big fan of doom levels from '94 and '95. Thought I'd go back and make music for some of them...

Egypt.wad? That's the one with the Super Imps from Obituary, isn't it? I recommended it to Nitroactive a few months ago as a playthrough, so I'm glad to see it finally got some recognition. :)

EDIT: Wait, no it's not. Heh.

yakfak said:

big fan of doom levels from '94 and '95. Thought I'd go back and make music for some of them...

Just downloaded the map and gave it a play through and I really enjoyed it. Are there any others similar to XENO11.WAD ?

Piper Maru said:

Just downloaded the map and gave it a play through and I really enjoyed it. Are there any others similar to XENO11.WAD ?

well, I found it on a shovelware CD which definitely has some quality control, called "Instant Doom" - along with XENO11 it contains many early classics like TRINITY, INVADE2, SOLITUDE, the MUD cooperative levels and so forth.

here's the list of DOOM 1 levels (it has some Doom 2 and some Heretic wads too):

Directory of F:\WADS\DOOM1\PLAY\.
11GETBFG.WAD 11SPACE.WAD 9RING666.WAD ACHERON6.WAD ALCATRAZ.WAD ALOHA999.WAD ANDYTRIG.WAD ANTLION.WAD ARENAD1.WAD ARMORY.WAD BARREL2.WAD BIGBRO.WAD BIP.WAD BNBEYOND.WAD BOA.WAD BOOGERS.WAD BOP.WAD BUNKA.WAD BUNKER.WAD BUNNINGS.WAD CARDIAC.WAD CASLOTR.WAD CASTLE.WAD CASTLEM.WAD CAVLAB11.WAD CEMENT.WAD CHAMBERS.WAD CHASEME.WAD CIRCLE.WAD CIRCLE1.WAD CIRCUS.WAD CISTERN.WAD CLEIM10.WAD COLDBLOD.WAD COMPROOM.WAD CORE.WAD CYKE.WAD D9.WAD DANTE666.WAD DARKHELL.WAD DBLCROSS.WAD DEADZONE.WAD DERTURM.WAD DETH1.WAD DETHSTAR.WAD DILL.WAD DISGRUN3.WAD DJW11.WAD DMPITS.WAD DMPRTL.WAD DOOMTWN1.WAD DOOMTWN2.WAD DRAGON12.WAD DWAD.WAD E1M1SAS.WAD EAPOE.WAD ETERNITY.WAD FIGHT.WAD FOREST.WAD FORGEX.WAD FRAGCITY.WAD GALAXIA.WAD GANYMEDE.WAD GLOOMY.WAD GRID.WAD HALLS.WAD HELP.WAD HOTSEAT.WAD ICEDEATH.WAD INFEST.WAD INVADE2.WAD KHOON.WAD KILLZONE.WAD KISSMYCH.WAD LAND1.WAD LAND2.WAD LEDGES2I.WAD LEDGES3I.WAD LEDGES4I.WAD LEDGESI.WAD LEGEND.WAD LIFTOR.WAD LOSTMIND.WAD LURKER.WAD MAKDOOM3.WAD MAULHIGH.WAD MAVERICK.WAD MC94URB.WAD MEDIDETH.WAD MEGADETH.WAD MEGANUTZ.WAD MENACE2.WAD MEV1I.WAD MINIDETH.WAD MUD3.WAD MURDER2.WAD NIGHT2-0.WAD NUKEMINE.WAD NUKERAIN.WAD OFFICE.WAD OTTAWAU.WAD PARANOID.WAD PITS.WAD PLEASURE.WAD PPALACE.WAD PRODOOM1.WAD PUREEVIL.WAD QUADDM1.WAD QUARK1.WAD QUATRO.WAD QUEEN.WAD RED.WAD REDRUM.WAD RMH.WAD RMH19.WAD ROOKIE.WAD ROTE2M1.WAD RRWARD01.WAD RRWARD02.WAD RUN666.WAD RUNDOWN.WAD RY11ECR.WAD SACRFICE.WAD SBAW.WAD SCARVES.WAD SCOTDOC1.WAD SCOTDOC2.WAD SERENITY.WAD SHIPROCK.WAD SHOOTS.WAD SICEM.WAD SKYCITY.WAD SNIPEME.WAD SPACELAB.WAD STADIUM.WAD STARBASE.WAD STRMSTR.WAD SUDTIC.WAD SYD-DOOM.WAD TANGO.WAD TERROR21.WAD TEUTIC.WAD THEJOKER.WAD THELAST.WAD TORCHED.WAD TRILOGY.WAD TRINITY.WAD TRIPWIRE.WAD UACHQ.WAD UAC_DEAD.WAD URBAN.WAD UWORLD.WAD WADPAK1A.WAD WADPAK2.WAD WADPAK3.WAD WADPAK4.WAD WANTON.WAD WARBABY.WAD WARHOUSE.WAD WIDOWMKR.WAD XCALIB11.WAD XENO11.WAD
162 File(s) 70,322,088 Bytes.
0 Dir(s) 0 Bytes free.

haven't tried 'em all yet..

edit: here's another video

Here's a video where I review another crappy WAD by the YouTube user W1D3A55:

And here's a video where I review Llewes Fortress.wad:

Retog said:

Video of him playing 2002ADO E2M2 :-)

Funny thing: I was several minutes into this video before I realized that it was one of my levels for 2002ADO! Heh! I haven't seen that level in either the game or the editor for sooooo many years - perhaps since it was released actually. And of course, nostalgia set in once I recognizied it :-) Great video, very nice to hear your comments and see how you played through it. If I had made it today then there's more than a few things I'd fix *cough* unmarked key doors and switches *cough* amongst other things, heh. Thanks again for sharing the video :-)

Well, didn't want to make the same mistake as before and upload a demo that doesn't beat another. I didn't think this was done due to the list being kmetl_1 then kmetl_10 after that in the list on the DSDA. So I decided to upload this just to youtube.

Here's a video of my 12th Crappy Doom WAD Quadruple feature:

Here's a video of me playing One_Doom_s_Day.wad, which is a creepy and interesting WAD: