Cyberdemon
Register | User Profile | Member List | F.A.Q | Privacy Policy | New Blog | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Classic Doom > Doom General > Sixty-Year Old Woman Who Has Played Doom For Years
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 03:42. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Doom Marine
took his ball and went home

From my GMail account today:

--- --- ---

Hi,

I just wanted to tell you that Dvii-li was a fantastic wad! You have mentioned dvii-lu. Could you please forward to me the download, that would be appreciated.

Also if you could stear me in the right direction for gzdoom. I am using a front end loader for zdoom (ZDL), which makes it much easier to play.

I see though some of the games I cannot play with just zdoom and really would like if possible a frontend loader for gzdoom. Makes it much easier to see, than to try in the codes at the dos line.

I must also tell you that I am a 60 year old woman, and have been playing the dooms for years.

Lynette

--- --- ---

She plays Deus Vult II NO LESS!

I am going to steer her in the direction of the Doomworld community. God bless her.

Because of this alone, I will initiate mapping DVII-2 again.

Last edited by Doom Marine on 11-11-09 at 06:27

Old Post 11-11-09 06:13 #
Doom Marine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Butts

Bad ass.

Old Post 11-11-09 06:24 #
Butts is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
DuckReconMajor
Forum Legend

DONT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT

Old Post 11-11-09 06:29 #
DuckReconMajor is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Mechadon

That is awesome

Old Post 11-11-09 06:50 #
Mechadon is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Joshy
Forum Regular

She's probably the odd one out in her age group. Wonder if there are any others?

Old Post 11-11-09 06:56 #
Joshy is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

pix plz

Old Post 11-11-09 07:00 #
TimeOfDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
EarthQuake
9.5 on the Richter!

I call rutabega salad on this one.

Old Post 11-11-09 07:28 #
EarthQuake is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Ehm...didn't you ask her tits or GTFO?

Old Post 11-11-09 08:57 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

Holy shit that's great!

Old Post 11-11-09 09:11 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

A 60 yearold woman is a better slaughtermap player than I am...

I am both awed and ashamed :P

Old Post 11-11-09 10:34 #
Super Jamie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
aldiboronti

And why not? I'm 61 and I've played Doom right from the beginning. Before I got a PC in the 90s I had an Amiga, and before that a C64. Most of my friends of my age are also gamers, although not all of them still play Doom, they're more into Halo and stuff.

Now if the woman had been 80 and a Doomer that really would have been something!

On second thoughts, it's not her age but her sex I find remarkable. Are there many female Doom nuts here? (I'm a guy last time I checked.)

Old Post 11-11-09 10:38 #
aldiboronti is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Doom Marine
took his ball and went home

Pink_Silver is another fan of DV.

Old Post 11-11-09 10:41 #
Doom Marine is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Craigs
The only idiot here besides Csonicgo

Girls just love Huy's massive and hard maps.

Old Post 11-11-09 10:42 #
Craigs is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
GreyGhost
Why don't I have a custom title by now?!

Something else you don't see every day - an eighty five-year old Wolf3D modding grandmother

Old Post 11-11-09 11:17 #
GreyGhost is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
rf`
Dr. Nosign

GreyGhost said:
Something else you don't see every day - an eighty five-year old Wolf3D modding grandmother

Bucksnort is an amazing name.

Old Post 11-11-09 11:24 #
rf` is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
fraggle
Filled with the code of Doom

DuckReconMajor said:
DONT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT
Likewise, if you receive any emails from supposed Doomers in Nigeria, who need you to send them money so that they can buy Internet credits to upload some amazing WAD, might not be a good idea.

Old Post 11-11-09 12:14 #
fraggle is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Captain Red
Pants

I wish my grandma was into doom... and still alive =(

Old Post 11-11-09 12:21 #
Captain Red is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

Well my dad is 63 and he introduced me to Doom. That is, we bought Doom when it came out and I sat on his lap pressing the space bar to open doors (I was 2).

He still plays it, but has no idea what a pwad or even what a wad is.

Old Post 11-11-09 13:16 #
Pavera is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Abyssalstudios1

Krispavera said:
Well my dad is 63 and he introduced me to Doom. That is, we bought Doom when it came out and I sat on his lap pressing the space bar to open doors (I was 2).

He still plays it, but has no idea what a pwad or even what a wad is.

Sounds like somebody needs some enlightenment.

Old Post 11-11-09 13:51 #
Abyssalstudios1 is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Bucket
ROCK & LOAD
COCK BEEN BLOWED
IN YOUR MOUTH,
MANJUICE EXPLOAD

My dad mostly looks at games and admires the graphics (he's a tech junkie), although I have been able to get him to play a few rounds of Tiger Woods. My mom's the one who plays games; she prefers ones that don't require any kind of reflexes and don't have deaths or "game over"'s.

There's also my grandmother - pushing 90 and still plays her GameBoy.

Old Post 11-11-09 15:12 #
Bucket is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Pavera

Abyssalstudios1 said:

Sounds like somebody needs some enlightenment.

I've shown him what levels I've made for Doom, but he's perfectly content just playing the original game. He's more of a Rome: Total War/Steel Panthers/X-Com guy anyways.

Old Post 11-11-09 15:16 #
Pavera is online now Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Maes
I like big butts!

Krispavera said:

For some reason, this sort of close, honest father-son relationship reminds me of this. Sit down and learn, my son.

Al Bundy said:
Al: Bud, sit down. Let me tell you the story of the Ferguson. Now these babies were made in Maine, you know, at the little Ferguson factory. It's the Stradivarius of toilets. And my Dad could play it like a violin.

Yup, I'll never forget the time my dad took me to Maine to visit the factory. I had to go to the bathroom. And I begged him to pull into a truck stop. He said no, wait until we get there! It'll be worth it! It was!

Old Post 11-11-09 15:19 #
Maes is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Coopersville
Get Psyched!

Modders?

Old Post 11-11-09 16:40 #
Coopersville is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Enjay
ASK ME ABOUT FOOTBALL / STEAM / DEAD CELEBRITIES / THE BLAIR WITCH PROJECT

There are a number of Doomers who are definitely in their 50s and in fact, I'm sure some of them would be near or in their 60s by now. I don't think it's that unusual.

Old Post 11-11-09 19:56 #
Enjay is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TheeXile
Haha owned

Enjay said:
There are a number of Doomers who are definitely in their 50s and in fact, I'm sure some of them would be near or in their 60s by now. I don't think it's that unusual.

They were 30 and 40-year-olds when it started.

Old Post 11-11-09 22:21 #
TheeXile is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Super Jamie
Forum Staple

My nan is 82 and still loves playing games. She's a demon for Freecell and Spider Solitaire and some other random Windows Entertainment Pack cardgames, but I can't imagine her playing Doom.

I remember as a kid there were a few text adventures we both spent AGES trying to beat. Anyone else play McMurphy's Mansion? :P

Old Post 11-11-09 22:37 #
Super Jamie is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Nomad
Not dumb enough to get a custom title

Yeah, my grandma (65) plays lots of games. She has a Gameboy Color that she plays all sorts of stuff on, and she plays a lot of casual games like Zuma Deluxe and Diamond Mine and Bejeweled or whatever. Definitely wouldn't play Doom though. I do know for sure that Tetris is her favorite game.

Dad would, but he's more of an MMO addict.

Old Post 11-11-09 22:42 #
Nomad is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
The Ultimate DooMer
(former) /newstuff Chronicler

Joshy said:
She's probably the odd one out in her age group. Wonder if there are any others?

Searcher/Gene Bird was 60-odd back in the early part of the decade, dunno how old he is now though.

Old Post 11-11-09 23:21 #
The Ultimate DooMer is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Email || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
TimeOfDeath
Forum Regular

I just think it'd be cool to see a pic of a 60 year old woman with Doom on the computer screen in the background, like that pic of Nikki Ziering on ZDaemon a few years ago.

Old Post 11-11-09 23:53 #
TimeOfDeath is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote
Ralphis
IDL Founder

GOTCHA

~love
Lynette

Old Post 11-12-09 00:48 #
Ralphis is offline Profile || Blog || PM || Homepage || Search || Add Buddy IP || Edit/Delete || Quote