Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alando1

Offensive and threatening reviews

kristus said:
But you insisted that you needed to "speak to someone" about it.

From what I can tell, he was just rewording the previous "who do I contact?"

alando1 said:
Sorry if you get the wrong idea of what this topic is all about but to restate what the topic is, it's that horrible statement located in the review area and who I contact to report this issue.

As mentioned a while back by TheDarkArchon, just use the "Report review abuse" function at the bottom of the page. By doing so, you'll be contacting the corresponding database admin using the designated means.

Thank you, just did that now. Of course I am curious about who would I contact if nothing is done, just in case. I sense that it may take a while for that horrible statement to be removed but I just want to be sure who I would contact if nothing is done. This is just in case if nothing is done.

If you get negative criticism, learn from your mistakes and produce a better* product.

*meaning a non-ripped product.

I did see some of the reviews before but havn't checked it lately so I wouldn't know.

Personally I think it is pretty evident that Alando is NOT talking about reviews that concern negative criticism.

I am pretty sure he is only talking about reviews of the style that Steeveo had pointed out earlier in the thread (although that is the only review I saw that seemed to fit that abusive style.)

myk said:

From what I can tell, he was just rewording the previous "who do I contact?"

That's not what he said though.

Both the interpretations require some "filling in" from the reader (but that goes for most any text, unless it's a legal document). But considering his wording and this whiny thread. IMO, the way I interpreted it was a way more logical deduction of that he was saying, than ... well anything else really.

If he actually just wanted the abuse ridden from his wads profiles. Then he should have reported the abuse and be done with it.

Call me crazy but that review steeveeo pointed out doesn't seem all that bad

I mean it's pretty fucked up, but It's pretty well-known that being anonymous doesn't really give all those wad comments much merit to the value of the wad. I mean, it clearly states that rating a wad with 0 stars makes the wad equivalent to vomit. That's already pretty offensive as it is, granted not quite as offensive as having to bring told to suck your dead father's dick

I will agree the treatment you got from Steve was wrong but you dug your own grave kid.We all do the second we post a Wad online. Tribute to your dad or not Stop complaining about it and move on and i Motion to have this thread Closed.

*edited to Correct my spelling*

alando1 said:

Some of you think that I'm taking this too seriously but really, if someone said that to you, it hurts. Words hurt; it's like someone blasted you with a double barrel shotgun. It really knocks you back. Surely enough, I think this is something that I need to take action with. Sure, I'm used to the bad reviews and such and I know when people don't like my wads but when I see something that is discriminating and offensive, this isn't a review, it's some scum bag who has nothing else better to do than pick on people just for the hell of it and make them feel horrible. For those who already agree on how bad that statement is from the reviews, it comes down to really just saying that it is just plain not right.

Welcome to the internet.

Im not saying those comment werent bad and disturbing, but people have seen far worse. Just shake it off, just because a mod views it and removes it doesnt make you un-see it.

azureace said:

but you dug your own grave kid. Tribute to your dad or not Stop complaining about it and i Motion to have this thread Closed

STFU @ azureace

I'll say it out here in the open avery. This thread is doing nothing but further Antagonizing the issue.

I'll admit I posted my mind because as an Creator of a few wads that have had content taken for graphics after I posted you were free to use it as long as you posted my name and gave me credit for my work, i am in my full legal rights to express my displeasure

I am Disgusted that Steve did what he did,but i will admit i was thinking along the same lines but not as bluntly or as cruel.

This is all true azureace, but at the end of the day you're still a huge asshole, not to mention a punk ass bitch

Ralphis said:

This is all true azureace, but at the end of the day you're still a huge asshole, not to mention a punk ass bitch

no, not azureace, no, never a punk ass bitch... *whimper, cry*

kristus said:
If he actually just wanted the abuse ridden from his wads profiles. Then he should have reported the abuse and be done with it.

Alas, he needed to know how to do it, first!

azureace said:
This thread is doing nothing but further Antagonizing the issue.

He asked something, who to contact for abuse, and got an answer. You asked that the thread be closed but I don't see much that's really questionable or abrasive other than some nasty statement about "digging your own grave," which you made. If anything, it also allowed you to express your critique more clearly, while he got his requested answer.

geo said:

This reminded me of a youtube game reviewer that is female. She gets loads of offensive, treathening comments saying how they'll rape her and burn her place down. People need to have something better to say.

Is she hot?

myk said:

Alas, he needed to know how to do it, first!

Again, that is not really what he said. He did that first. But then he said this in his following post.

alando1 said:

I would like to know specifically who to contact. I know about the thing on the bottom of the review page but I need to speak to somebody.

So what does he really need to talk about?

kristus said:
Again, that is not really what he said. He did that first. But then he said this in his following post.

Ah, no wonder, I missed that!

So what does he really need to talk about?

Yeah, I don't think there's any need to "talk to somebody" unless the report function has no effect, and then only politely, as the admin is under no real obligation to remove comments.

azureace said:

I am Disgusted that Steve did what he did,but i will admit i was thinking along the same lines but not as bluntly or as cruel.

Fail comprehension. I copied it from the review to show people the focal point (because they were thinking it was about the negative reviews), I did not post the original thing.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Steeveo

>_<!

To all the people posting things like "it's the internet, what do you expect, get over it", that is true but equally, the "review" in question was offensive.

So, whilst I accept that entering in to the anonymous arena that is the Internet does expose you to possible abuse and you have to enter in to it accepting that possibility, it still doesn't make it right or acceptable that a person should be abused. It just seems a bit cock-eyed to me that the person complaining about a clear case of abuse is getting more criticism than the "brave", anonymous soul who posted a personal attack that was calculated to be as offensive as possible.

I'm quite impressed with what you've said Enjay; I appreciate your input. I, too, agree that it seems odd that I'm still getting critisisms even though I brought up a very important topic about highly offensive statements within the reviews. Of course I do see what many have said that I have to accept the fact that there are crazy scum bags on the Internet willing to be real jerks and cause havoc among others. But I do see that the only thing I can do is what a few others recommended which was to use the "report abuse" thing at the bottom. If that's what I need to do, than so be it.

Of course I think it would be more effective if I actually contacted someone and explained to them the main issue. But unfortunately, it seems I'm unable to do so.

Have you tried the email address on this page?

Apart from doing something drastic - like restricting the ability to post comments to registered forum members - I don't see this problem going away anytime soon.

alando1 said:

Of course I think it would be more effective if I actually contacted someone and explained to them the main issue. But unfortunately, it seems I'm unable to do so.

Can you please link to the /idgames page that has the review that Steeveeo posted?

alando1 said:

I'm quite impressed with what you've said Enjay; I appreciate your input. I, too, agree that it seems odd that I'm still getting critisisms even though I brought up a very important topic about highly offensive statements within the reviews.

Welcome to the internet, home of the assholes of the world.
I agree that it's pathethic but there's not much that can be done about it. Just be glad that you didn't become the target of the moderators here. If they get nasty it gets really ugly. (Remember NickBakerWorld?)

Home of the A-holes indeed, I can see. Well looks like I'm going to have to do my best to handle such crazy SOB's within the review area. Definitly I wish there was something to prevent these ruthless scumbags from screwing up the reviews. Well, at the moment from what people are telling me - I have to live with it :(

I just checked the reviews that Never_Again just mentioned and YES! that horrible statement is gone! Yeah!!! For those who recommended the "report abuse" thing, thank you; It did work.

Since that is settled, I think it would be wise to say that we all should look out for these freaks who put horrible things in reviews and silence them for good by reporting it. I know people have free speech, but they don't have the freedom to harass another individual for their own personal gain.

For those who were helpful, thank you very much. I also appreciate those who participated in this thread to discuss this topic.

ALANDO YOU SUCK TOTAL DICK, AND THIS WAD IS A DISGRACE TO YOUR DEAD, ROTTING FATHER!!! GO FIND HIS GRAVE AND SUCK HIS DICK IN ORDER TO REDEEM YOURSELF!!! 0/5!!!

This is an obvious offense, pointless and meaningless. This is not a criticism, like reviews above that, this is a pure offense.

I think that reviewer should be punished in some way, because if not, it becomes a precedence of BM in community.

I vote for Alando1 here, no matter how unplayable his wad is.