Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dr_st

What the fuck?...

Someone just told me that if I have WinXP installed on C:, I can't boot my computer with a Win98 boot disk...

you should be able to boot the disk but i dont see why u would boot a win98 disk for a winXP system. make a XP boot disk. i know u can boot with older DOS disks on a win98 system but u cant use the hard drive cause of FAT differences

Yes, these are all known issues. But WinXP does support FAT32, and sometimes people use it and not NTFS, in that case you can access the hard-drive.

The reason why you would want to boot with a Win98 bootdisk is, in case you decided to remove WinXP, to format the hard-drive and do a clean install of Win98.

Another very common reason is if you want to play some old DOS game, which can only be run in plain DOS, and you, from some reason, didn't keep the whole Win98 on your hard-drive.

But I'm just speaking theoretically, it's not even my computer we're talking about.

The reason why you would want to boot with a Win98 bootdisk is, in case you decided to remove WinXP, to format the hard-drive and do a clean install of Win98.

Can't you just do it from the Win98 install CD?

Can't you just do it from the Win98 install CD?

You should be able. I believe all comps now support bootable CDROMs.