Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clonehunter

Who would win from the ninties?

Don't know why I'm asking, but I guess its because I'm interested in what some people might say.

Anyways, here's the scenario: Every '90s First Person shooter hero (Doomguy, Strifeguy, Corvus, etc...) versus each other, who would win and why? Like think of the weapons each have and so on. And Like every ninties guy (Even the ones you can't think of...). I have a breakdown, but I want to see what someone else would say...

"The Hidden Below guy": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6-cu171_9g

I don't know who he is, what he says or why he's there; I can't read or speak German.

The game it'self, which I do own, is, generally, better than the sum of it's part's, if still not great. It had a pretty advanced engine for it's time as well; slopes, security cameras, crouching, looking up and down etc.

Believe me, you do not want to know, what he says. Its just idiotic, both what and how he say it.

I remember a consumer electronic fair, where the developer presented another fps, Skout, some years later. At this time The Hidden Below was completely forgotten. I've played a little of the new game, while one of the developers talked about it to me.
When i asked him after that "old fps from some years ago", he just answered: "Ouch".

The System Shock dude's got some heavy hardware, both offensively and defensively.

Wraithverge is pretty vicious without specific defenses, making the Hexen cleric a contender.

Doomguy's lack of carryable items (at least in vanilla) is a disadvantage, but he probably has the best arsenal overall.

But I guess the Ultima Underworld Avatar could just cast Armageddon.

Doom Guy hands down. He's endured more unworldly shit than any other character. And he's a pretty wicked skater too.

Doom Marine. The shit every mapper has put his through. I think his kill count equals roughly the population of the planet. If only the demons didn't re-spawn.

Technician said:

Doom Marine. The shit every mapper has put his through. I think his kill count equals roughly the population of the planet. If only the demons didn't re-spawn.

I once thought about what happened to every monster that didn't die in a successful or unsuccessful attempt at playing a map. Scary.

They'll be waiting for you in the afterlife and looking to avenge their fallen comrades.

The Doom guy's fucked either way. When ever he's alive he's faced with hordes and demons. When he dies he's faced with more hordes of... demons!

He's getting perpetually fucked in the ass either way.

I believe the ultimate janitor would be the final victor. Who is he? Well what do you think happens to the bodies and gibs that the fps heroes leave in their wake? Someone has to clean it all up. Eventually he is going to get fed up, and take revenge on those he cleaned up after.

Please post a comprehensive list of 90´s first-person shooter heroes first, then we can decide. Thanks in advance.

All the Hexen characters can carry 25x quartz flasks and 10x(IIRC) of Mystic Urns, giving them an effective health of 1725, not to mention invincibility items and armour...

Technician said:

The Doom guy's fucked either way. When ever he's alive he's faced with hordes and demons. When he dies he's faced with more hordes of... demons!

He's getting perpetually fucked in the ass either way.

I don't know about that. I'm sure killing off the minions of Satan will get you a ticket into heaven :P

It depends on the environment, in an arena I doubt the doomguy would win. But in something like a base his rather insane speed is a deadly bonus.

Vermil said:

I don't know who he is, what he says or why he's there; I can't read or speak German.

The guy said he'll offer a translation if there's interest, maybe you should ask.

Baratus from Hexen, he is faster than the DOOM guy, he can get way better armor, 25 invulneravility, repulsion discs, porkalators, dark servants, and more.
I pick Baratus, because which is the one I use the best on Hexen (Fighter can kill Clerics or Mages with ease if you know how to use the class).

DOOM guy has the best weapon ever, but that doesn't matter if you're facing an invulnerable player that's also faster than you (not to mention if he use the boots of speed).

PRIMEVAL said:
I don't know about that. I'm sure killing off the minions of Satan will get you a ticket into heaven :P

Constantine, is that you? :P

arrrgh said:

All the Hexen characters can carry 25x quartz flasks and 10x(IIRC) of Mystic Urns, giving them an effective health of 1725, not to mention invincibility items and armour...

Doomguy can insta-kill them with BFG. :P

I was gonna say "Doomguy cause he runs at straight up 60mph" but now I'm gonna say "Tribes Guy cause he can ski like 80 million mph."

Jodwin said:

Doomguy can insta-kill them with BFG. :P

Unless they activated one of their invulnerability before hand. Or if they morph the DOOM guy into a pig.

Noah. When those 40 days and nights of torrential downpour come, he'll be safe on his ark. Everyone else is fucked.

Vegeta said:

Unless they activated one of their invulnerability before hand. Or if they morph the DOOM guy into a pig.

BUT!
IF you think about it, the guy might be invulnerable, but susceptible to "push", the force of the BFG could push him into a slime pit or something inescapable and let him waste his time invulnerable-ing himself til out.

Dunno, there's also Carmaggedon and Quarantine Guy...they would just drive over all of them.

Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior have a nuke, as well as Turok. Lo Wangs Nuke need some time to get ready to fire, Turok fires instantly.

Turok wins.

Mithral_Demon said:

BUT!
IF you think about it, the guy might be invulnerable, but susceptible to "push", the force of the BFG could push him into a slime pit or something inescapable and let him waste his time invulnerable-ing himself til out.

But Hexen characters also have flying artifacts, and teleports to return to the playing zone.

Seriously, if you put all characters at their max (full ammo, armor, artifacts if he can hold some), there's no way to beat the Hexen guys.

A different thing would be if you strip the Hexen heroes out of their precious artifacts supply. I doubt Wraithverge or Quietus can be a match for a furious BFG spammer.

The mage from Hexen can just use an Icon of the defender and repell all damage to the attacker.
Plus he can teleport away, fires homing lightning and fire. Plus the carry all you want power. 25 for every item in Hexen. That's a shitload of defenders, teleporters, discs of repulsion, etc, and health. (25x25) + (100x25) = 3125. Plus the armor upgrades he can carry in his inventory as well.

Doomguy with the "Sky may be" weapons. The very least he would fuck up the battlefield so badly that he'd be the least of an opponent's worries.

I think the Cleric from Hexen automatically wins cause of Wraithverge, but the guy in Decent is a close second, IMO. Also, JC Denton would totally win overall. His vision is augmented :p