Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

flamming 166

i dont know about this but is a p 166 really suppose to get hot at normal clock speeds. hell my extreramly overclocked 486(AMD) never even got that hot. good thing i made the case with a good colling system and airflow. had to update from a 486 to a pentium board in so i could use a PCI sound card. I miss the 486 because it ran fairly well, hell i did some wierd shit to it. I also miss that VESA video card. now i am useing a basic ISA SVGA card which is complete shit, even for its time period

OH GOD THE HARDWARE THE HARDWARE IT SHINES WITH DARK FIRE AND THE EYES MY GOD THE EYES THAT PIERCE MY SOUL.

Just try to unplug the thing when it starts melting through the floorboards, and you'll be fine.

there's a little program called AMN refrigerator that will note when you are inactive with the machine and pause the processing, which cools the thing. It's not rocket science, but it does mean if you leave the mchine for five or ten minutes when you come back it should hopefully be a little cooler. Get it at download.com. I have it, but don't use it, my 333 Celery doesn't get that hot.

I used to have a Hewlett Packard 166 a LONG time ago. It overheated, the HD failed then the MB died. After a long battle we got all our money back. Piece of shit.

i dont think that program is avalible for a DOS system. plus i do have a nice ass fan/heatsink. I also put a hole in the case, near the CPU and hard drive area, and added a high power fan. it may be loud but it is nice and cool, just i got to clean it out. damn i need to put a filter on it to collect the dust